Puppy Eyes

Breaking away from the typical Paris x reader thing....even more so when I have...

Gotten rid of reader all together.

(wups. Don't worry, this will most likely be a one time thing.)

BUT I HAVE A REASON OKAY

AND ITS

....Yumi.

...You can't blame me now can you?

This'll be very quick, and very wholesome! (Will this make up for the lack of you?)

Context: (Human!) Imagine this. Paris and Yumi are siblings, and in this au, Paris has taken in Yumi, becoming her guardian in the process.

He thought it was going to be easy. He thought he'd be good at taking care of Yumi. After all, he's mature. He's responsible. He's able to handle his taxes, so come on! Children are easier than taxes, right? (don't actually use that it's a joke-)

But no matter how understanding and mature Yumi can be,

Even she can't help her childish nature.

(Paris POV, and obviously he's an adult and is her B R O T H E R / F A T H E R F I G U R E HERE HI YA BOZOS) _____________________________________

"Can we get a dog?"

"...Pardon?"

"Can we get a dog?" Yumi tugged at my sleeve. "Like, a pomeranian? They're really cute." Unable to help myself, I let myself stare at the girl for a long, long moment.

Then,

"No."

"B-but- Paris!" She tugged at the hem of my shirt when I try to leave, causing her feet to drag along the carpet. "The dog would keep me company whenever I'm alone, o-or maybe they can keep you company! B-Besides, didn't you say that you like dogs?"

"Yumi, even if I did say that, we're still not getting a dog. It's too much work."

"I-I'll take care of it!"

"I can't guarantee that, now can I?" She slightly faltered at my disapproving tone, but nevertheless pushed onward. I have to admit, she was very determined.

"B-But-"

"Yumi."

She stilled.

"I understand that you can be lonely sometimes, and even more so when you have nothing to do at home. But dogs are a big responsibility. You're essentially taking care of another human being. Tending to their basic needs, making sure they get the proper care when they're ill...you can't make such a hasty decision based on your situation. You have to think this through." Setting a hand on top of her hair, I give her a consoling smile.

"Do you understand, Yumi?"

Despite the small nod she had given me, I could still see flickers of disappointment in her eyes. A spark of guilt momentarily ran through me at the sight, but I knew that I couldn't give in. A dog holds too much responsibility, no matter how fun they can be.

"...I understand, Paris." She mumbled out. "I'm sorry for asking."

...Ah.

"Don't be sorry. I just wanted you to understand what it meant to get a dog, and the sacrifices you'd have to make for them." Another automatic nod.

...Now I feel horrible.

As Yumi excused herself to go back to her room, (I imagine she'll be sulking for the night...) I Iet my eyes focus on her retreating back, mind running through a wave of guilt.