Keep Your Distance

Request from Simp5673! Thank you for requesting. (And hoo boy, look at the publish date on my last oneshots—-)

( So sorry for the loonngg wait! Thank you all for sticking around and for being so patient. I would give, like, give a better explanation (?) but it'd be too long and a bit personal. So the things I will allow to get plastered on the internet, is I went through a hard week physically+ And I got sick and it took its damn time destroying my insides I'm forever traumatized)

     Anyway.

I wonder what its like to be a new kid.

I've literally never changed schools.

:D

      Context: (Human, established relationship) You thought it was clear that you were in a relationship. But, I guess you can't help stupid. Female reader

__________________________________

.....People can take a look at me and think I'm in a relationship, right??

Or, maybe, feel uncertain. Assume. Hell, at the very least, ask me and I'll tell you that yes, I am.

....Right??

Or maybe not. Because people would wonder who the hell would want to be with me. They'd probably think I'm single. Convince themselves, really.

That's probably what this guy thinks, right?

     .........

    And, who's this so called guy I speak of, hm?

   ......Yeah, okay, I never got a name, as the only thing I remembered was his face. In my defense, I literally didn't bother to get his name, an action that I still think is out of character for me.

    But how could I when all he did was try to get me to be his girlfriend?

Ok, ok, ok, ok.

Let me start that over. Hi, hey, I'm (Y/N). The poor unfortunate soul in this situation. Me. I'll gladly get to the point, now.

It all started when I had dragged myself into English, the last class of the day. Despite my whole body telling me to go jump out the window and run home, I had, begrudgingly, set my stuff down and sat down, ready to pass out or something. (Y/N) things, am I right?

Well, anyway. I remember the teacher making her way to the door, menacingly standing by it before stopping a certain student when he came in. She had talked to him for a bit, and when she decided that he had endured enough verbal suffering, gestured at him to follow her.

I won't lie, I literally wasn't paying attention when they approached me. My mind was in a far away place, leaving my body to fend for itself. (Which, in hindsight, probably isn't a good idea in places that aren't school or home.)

So when a blurry object thrusted it's way into my view, I jumped back with a scream, my mind immediately racing back home to see who had died and what not.

But, as it turned out, things were fine! The blurry object was the teachers hand, and there were no deaths occurring at that moment.

And then came the awkward stuff.

The teacher introduced me to the guy, and explained that he was a brand new student, coming straight from another nearby state, or something. Was there physically, not mentally, remember?

Then she mentioned something about me letting him sit by me for the remainder of the year, and I stilled.

Okay, for context, I've been spending this whole year with no one to sit with. My class had just happened to be an odd number, so that meant we had one extra seat. Which, y'know, is perfectly fine with me. It just meant that my backpack could finally have a chair to chill in.