Maybe I Was Looking For You Instead?

Pppffffft- Ok, ok, this is kind of a request? From editor Jean, who you've probably been seeing pop up now and then. If you look at the picture I've attached, just look. Understand why I had to do this. Yes, we both sent that at the same time. Not planned. I think it's hilarious.

    Context: So! College au obviously! (Gotta be human au again too, sorry!) You and Paris have been looking for an apartment to rent while you're both in college. And, ah..........You both don't know each other. OwO

Now, onward so I can go work on other things! (F/S) = favorite subject
___________________________

College. So great! So fun!

So....... Much effort needs to be put into it.

And it's not even from the learning school part! So many things need effort! Making sure you have a place to stay if it ain't campus, making sure you have enough money to survive, keeping yourself sane.....it's all just a huge wave of I-Don't-Need-This-In-My-Face-Right-Now.

Especially since I chose to find a place to stay instead of living in the dorms. But, I think it's already covered. Lily's been super helpful in helping me find an apartment. She even recommended the exact apartment building she lives at! I'll take it if the things she promised are real.
—————-
"It's a pretty nifty apartment (Y/N)! It's a 2 bedroom apartment, and pretty roomy, it's close to the college...Pretty cheap too. A lot of college students rent here actually—Though, if you want it to be cheaper, you would need a roommate. Ya got anyone in mind?"
———————-
I do, in fact, have no one in mind. I'm just a lonely little sardine in the sea. That, and Lily's already rooming with her twin, so... I got nothing.

But apparently Lily has that handled too.

______________
(Flashback)

     "Wellll, if ya want, I can set you up with a roommate."

I blink. "Who?"

"Ah, well, This guy I know is also looking for an apartment to rent. Plus, he's going to the same college as us, though he's in the art department. But anyway, why not hit 2 birds with one stone in this case and just stuff you both in one apartment?" Lily grins.

"Uh, well, what's he like? I think I should at least know some general things about him before I start accepting your idea.."

"If you're asking if he's a peeping tom or intrusive, or a creep," Lily counts her fingers. "He's not. He won't intrude on your business— He's actually a pretty quiet and introverted guy. Good looking too."

"I.....Didn't need to know that last part, but ....Ok." I finish lamely. Lily just grins.

"What else....Oh yeah! He's French, from Paris, actually. But don't worry— there won't be a language barrier, he's pretty fluent in English."

"A French student huh? What's his deal with coming here? Surely there's better schools and options in France."

      "I dunno what his deal is, but as long as he's not hurting anyone, I don't care. But anyway, do you want me to set you and Pinocchio up?"

    "Pinocchio? Don't tell me that's his name..."

    "What? Oh, no!" Lily laughs. "That's just the nickname I gave him. If you wanna be on his good side, don't ask him about it. I, am not on his good side."

      I subconsciously nod, registering all of the information she just gave me. French man. Came here for some reason. Quiet? Artist? Is he one of those artists who draw in the back of the classroom?