I'm Sick, But Is It The Lovesick Kind?

PUPPET AUS AND WHATNOT FINALLY BREAKS THROUGH THE HUMAN ONES!

that took....a good 10+ chapters.......... Aha.........

Ahem. (Also you're 17 here)

Context: (Normal au! ((Finally!)) ) Ah, fevers. What a weird experience to go through. Especially when you have a living puppet who can't get sick. Or maybe this won't be so bad? Requests: OPEN!
_________________________

..........Has the world always been this awful?

....Nah, it's just my brain making it out to be. (It's not.) I feel a cough come up and I quickly force my throat to cut it off, wincing at the sharp pain coming right after it. Wonderful.

To put it simply? I'm sick. To specify? It's a burning fever. It should be no different from the last times I've been sick, but it always feels like there's something new to complain about.

A knock is heard, and my eyes shift towards the door, muttering a "come in", eyes lazily following the door before following Nora's head. I internally giggle at it.

"Hey, (Y/N), how are you feeling?" I give a halfhearted shrug, willing my body to stay still as Nora pressed the back of her hand against my burning self, humming. I can't help but want to lean against her cool skin.

"Well, it certainly isn't as bad as before. I think you'll might have to rest for a couple more days, though." She gives me a smile. "You can handle that, right?"

" 'course. It's not the first time I've been sick." I give a weak smile back. "You don't have to worry about me." She hummed at the response, but still insisted to call her if anything happened, major or minor. Noras a good person.

Bidding her goodbye, I push myself off the bed, crawling over to my bookshelf. Slowly dragging a finger across the abundance of books, I stop at the end of the third shelf, and pull a couple of notebooks out, smiling.

What are these notebooks for, you ask? Why, these are my Fever Notebooks! I've found that whenever I'm sick, I tend to think of a lot of weird things, so I wanted to write them all down in a notebook to reread and laugh at later.

Maybe thats why I view fevers as a positive thing. Well, most of it being positive. As if wanting to prove this statement, my body urges me to start coughing.

"God damn it....." I wheeze out. All that coughing only gave me a splitting headache, and I do not want that. Pawing at my forehead, my other hand flips a few pages, internally laughing at the thoughts I had wrote down last time.

Why do bananas exist

It's been 16 years since my birth whats my name again

If we all got along, we could probably create a world wide party

Lily's kinda hard to approach. Too much green

Beans

"Hm.....what should I write, oh thoughtful brain of mine?" I quietly mutter, hand pawing at my desk for a pen. Fingers curling around the first thing I felt, I silently cheer when I see that there was a pen in my hands. I'm lucky. Kinda.

Oh. I should write that down.

Maybe I wasn't so lucky in the immune system department, but pen grabbing? I got.

"This is so stupid." But I'm smiling, so whatever. Lifting the notebook off the floor, I saunter over to my bed, leaning on the wall with a sigh. Twirling the pen around in my fingers, my eyes mull over the previous entries.