Snap

So, uh fun fact-

Me, minding my own business in class, absentmindedly using Photoshop: oh wait I kinda wanna write a photographer oneshot- (plus theres the fact that huge arc of the comic is revolved around a freaking camera-)

And here we are. Lol

Don't mind me (as usual)

Context: (Human.....high school ish?) Paris, running out of options during schedule electives, decided to pick photography just to make the sheet look more complete. It's not that he was bad at taking good pictures, he just...doesn't really know what what to capture.

(Paris pov lol ) (and help, how does Iris work she's never been in the comic long enough for me to know her character-)
__________________________________

Taking this class made me realize something.

It made me realize how boring photography is. From learning the principles of taking photos, to standing around, waiting for something interesting to happen....it's a waste of time. (And my elective.)

So, I mostly spend my time thinking about what would've happened if I hadn't picked this monotonous class.

Like now.

As the word photography would infer, we have to take pictures. So, every few days, we're allowed to go out onto campus to see what we could possibly capture with our phones.

(Since the school is too cheap for real cameras.)

And so, I pretend to have some semblance of excitement before rushing straight to the woods, away from everyone else. Then I just stand there, perfectly content with wasting time instead of getting frustrated about what to use as a subject.

You might call it strange, but I simply can't care any less. This class is that dull to me.

A sudden breeze passes through the leaves, and I internally sigh, instantly wishing I had brought a jacket to school. Absentmindedly rubbing a hand on my bare arms, I begrudgingly move to find a much more warmer spot.

Weaving in and out of the trees, a sudden snap of the branches brings me out of my thoughts, and I immediately look for the source. Seeing a distant figure hiding behind the trees, I raise a brow at them, to which they sheepishly wave at me.

"Aww, and here I thought I could stalk you for a bit," Iris cheerfully said once she caught up to me. I can't help but frown at her words.

"There's no need for you to stalk me when you already knew where I was." I scoffed.

"Oh, give me some credit here, I only knew the general area, not the exact location. You're never in the same spot."

Fair point. But I won't say it out loud.

As much as I hate to admit it, Iris was probably the only reason why I didn't bother with the hassle of switching classes. Before we became classmates, I always considered her as the distant twin of Lily's, but now I'd quietly say shes something akin to a close friend.

(Plus, shes more quiet and tame compared to her twin, and I take that as a win.)

Despite her absolute need to follow the rules, there were times when I'd have nothing to turn in, and she'd give me some pictures that she never used for the class. Though, not that I'm complaining. It just meant more time for me to fool around while gaining an easy A.

"So, what are you doing around here?"

"Eh, I started walking around and noticed I was in the area, so I wanted to come chat." Taking her eyes away from the tree she was scrutinizing, she looked back to me. "Do you have any pictures of your own this time, or should I sneak you some?"