The Viola Player

Hi. Why did I do this?
Context: Everyone here is human, (including Mr. puppet here, so no toys, no nothing.)
You are part of a concert orchestra, and while you are seemingly at the bottom, Paris is at the top, being the best viola player (and best member) out of everyone.

Good luck.   (UwU swearing is here)
________________________

     There he goes again. Capturing everyone's ears, playing with such grace.

     He's playing beautifully.

     Too beautifully. He's on a totally different level.

      I hesitantly look down at my own instrument, wondering how I even got here. This is one of the top orchestras, for fucks sake! I shouldn't have even made it in. Just by comparing me and the top guy, you'll know how low I am.

      "Perfect, Paris, as always," the conductor pulls me out of my gloom. "Does everyone understand how the rhythm is played here now?"

    Oh shit, we were supposed to listen in?

    I almost jut my hand up for a repeat, before catching myself and scolding my foolishness.

    You're just going to show everyone that you're not good enough.

    .......isn't that what I am though?

    Before I knew it, rehearsal was over. Packing up my instrument, I silently tell myself it's over and I can go home and metaphorically cry later. Standing up, I pat myself down and raise my head up.

        Only to stare right into narrowed red eyes.

     "EEK!"

    "....."

     I hastily jumped back, blinking several times. Paris? What's he doing over her- wait, this is backstage, all of our instrument cases are here. Well, what's he doing in my area??

    "I-um, W-what-"

    ......Was he always this good-looking??

     He frowned, looking at me like I was some sort of specimen. Then, clearing his throat, he let out an airy chuckle, smiling.

     "Ha........ my apologies. I shouldn't have stood right there in hindsight. It must've been quite a fright."

       I only nod, speechless. He rarely ever talked here, to anyone even, and the fact that he's wasting his breath on me? What? He sounds too amazing to waste it on me.

"Anyway, I'm here to let you know that, starting tomorrow, you will stay after rehearsal with me."

     "W-With you?" I sputter.

     He nods. "Yes, with me. The director said he noticed that you aren't exactly..... hm.....up to standard. He wants me to help you with that. So, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow, Ms.....?"

     ".....(Y/N)." I think I'm gonna pass out.

       "Ms. (Y/N). Hm. Well, have a good day. See you tomorrow," He says with a grin, swiftly leaving the area as I just stand there with a dumbfounded look.

      ......Paris?
    .........The best Viola player out of everyone? Possibly the whole world?
     .......Did he talk to me? He's gonna help me? Why though?
      .........Can I pass out?

     Blinking and pinching, I slowly leave the building, stumbling home and somehow landing right into my bed.

     Lifting my face up from the pillow, I sigh, thinking about the possibilities. Why would he bother with me? I can't see him as the very helpful person kind of type. Was there something the director had that he wanted? There was a deal involved, right? My skills are too low to be helped.