Halloweenie

OooooK
   Halloween oneshot? Halloween oneshot.

    Because— because I want to. (Should I be doing this when my other oneshots are...n't....done? They're very close to being done, I swear—)

    This'll be a lot shorter than usual, going for a flash fiction kinda thing! (Focusing on one main scene!)

    Context: (Normal!)  thats it
_____________________________________

       "Zombies?"

      "Pfft. Not scary. Try harder."

     "Ghosts?"

    "Eh, not really. Maybe if done right, then yeah."

      "Hm...what about those things...what were they called again?"

     "What thing? Be more specific, P."

   A huff. "Those red things that posess people and whatnot. You know? Those religion related movies?"

    "...Uh. Are you talking about demons...?"

    Paris snapped his fingers at the answer. "Ah, that's what it was. I knew I heard it somewhere." I resisted the urge to grin.

    "To answer your question, by the way, no," I shrugged. "Those old demon movies kinda ruined the potential to be scary for me."

     He hummed in response, mind searching for another idea as his painted nails absentmindedly tapped on the wall. I simply leaned back, watching the window blur with running children in costumes. Hyper.

     After a few minutes, Paris slumped over in defeat. "I can't think of anything. Is there any monster you're afraid of? Or anything in general?" Hm. Good question. My mind shuffles through the possibilities.

    "Well I'm not afraid of ghosts, demons, or zombies, if thats a start," I counted them off on my fingers. "Not afraid of bugs. Snakes, too, but I'd still want them to be on the other side of the world. Too weird lookin'. Not afraid of the dark, but I am afraid of the weird shadow thing over at the end of the hallway."

    He curiously perks at the last one, and I give a quick nod towards the door, to which he replies with a cheeky grin. I go back to wondering what I'm actually afraid of, but my mind draws a blank.

    I'm not sure. I didn't think it was that hard to think of anything, since whenever I was scared I would often think about how scary it was, and how I'll never forget about it. I can't help but glower at that. The fuck? Why is my mind going on vacation?

     Before I could think of anything more, Paris pipes in with his own question.

      "...Are you perhaps afraid of me?"

     "Huh?" My eyes widened. "What makes you think that Pinocchio? How could I be scared when I'm just sitting here talking to yo—"

     "You know what I mean, (Y/N). After all, I was created to be a monster," He let out a somber laugh. "Surely, I've done something that's made you fear for your life. Or, even if I didn't, something about me must've put you off." His lips twitched into that iconic smile, the one where the corners of his lips stretched wide across his face. I've seen it way too many times.

    I pursed my lips. Me? Afraid? I don't think so. If I was, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't spend time with him. I wouldn't be leaning back in my chair, or smile with him, or talk about stupid stuff like being afraid of zombies and bugs.

     But...

    "Horrid little things like you should be torn to shreds."

    My fingers twitched. Those words are seared into my memory, digging deep into my skull. I can still hear it clearly. I feel him staring at me for an answer, and I suddenly find myself trying my very best not to look up at him.

      "...Maybe." I finally answer.

     "Maybe?" His tone made it painfully clear that he was unconvinced.

    "...I....yes. I am scared of you," I mutter. "But...I know you don't...you don't mean to make me feel that way. At least, I hope." I try to lighten the mood with a small laugh. It, unfortunately, makes no difference. "I think...it's okay to acknowledge these things and still hang out with you. After all, you're not actively trying to kill me, so...I think I'm safe?"

    He finally laughs now, the sound enough to ease my nerves. His smile is back to normal, and his posture is relaxed too. Okay. That's good.

"Of course I'm not trying to kill you. I'd dismantle myself if that happened." He grins. "I...couldn't, anyway. Not after those rules Ivan put on me." He slightly faltered at the mention of that name. My hands instinctively reach out for his shoulder, but he quickly straightened out his posture, and my hand falls back to my side.

We slowly ease into a somewhat tense silence, giving each other enough space to breathe. My eyes wander back to the window, letting the sight of candy-hungry kids distract me. But it doesn't last long.

"...You okay?" I test the words out, watching the subtle reactions in his face. He, fortunately, doesn't react negatively. He doesn't seem as gloomy too.

"I'll be fine," He waved a hand. "I just...need a break, and I'll be okay."

"...Well, the Halloween parade is probably going on right now." I point a thumb at the window. "You don't need to disguise yourself, and it'd be pretty distracting for a puppet. You up for it?"

A smile. "Of course."

_____________________________________

Yeah not so much scary, it's more sad. Oops. I swear I was feeling fine when I wrote this.

Or maybe cus it's midnight. Again.

Idk

Happy Halloween, stay safe