Good Morning!

(This was supposed to be out a LOT SOONER BUT I GOT BUSY ON PORTFOLIO AND WATCHING ARCANE I COULDNT FOCUS )

Anyway.

THIS IS A QUICK FLASH FICTION TO REPLACE THE ONESHOT I WAS WORKING ON AND DIDNT LIKE DUE TO DRAGGING IT OUT OVER THE WEEKS (dont be me if you can help it)

(I might upload it one day, I dunno, I really did like the oneshot until I lost motivation from not being able to work on it a bit more. So, now I hate it, and I blame the portfolio. Damn portfolio....)

This is all inspired by my constant want of sleep

Context: (Human...) You like the sun. Paris hates the sun. What else is there to explain?

(Lol I hate the sun why am I writing this)
_______________________________________

The sun is rising outside. The star's rays delicately fall onto the world, painting everything in a golden honey hue. A grand indicator of a new day.

It's beautiful.

Which is why I want to share it with someone else.

Which is also why I'm barging into Paris's room without a care. I have the best intentions, I tell myself, as I creep closer to his bed. Besides, when was the last time he ever saw the sun rise?

(Probably never.)

It takes a moment for me to find him, as his entire room is painted in darkness, but eventually, my eyes spot a mangled figure under the covers. He's all curled up and (presumably) peacefully dreaming.

I'm gonna ruin it and I don't care.

Reaching a hand out, I slowly pull the covers back to reveal a pale hand. Placing my fingers on top of his own, I'm pleasantly surprised to find that it was warm. I give them a gentle shake.

"Paris. Paris, wake up."

Nothing.

A disapproving frown tugs at my lips as my eyes narrow. It's like he's dead. Deciding to put a bit more effort in, I swing his arm up and down, and it's only when I lean in that I notice he's slightly twitching.

"Oh, come on, don't you think you've gotten enough sleep? You're gonna miss the sunrise, P." A tired groan slips out from his lips before he instinctively tries to bury himself back into the bundle of fabric. I immediately respond by tugging at his arm, and a confused sound escapes him.

"W..wha?"

"It's time to wake up!" My tone is cheery, and it's enough to zap some energy into Paris. Unfortunately, he uses it to try and escape back to bed. It's at this point where my eyes start to adjust to the lack of light, and it's enough to see Paris's upper body, with his hair matted and messy, wisps of bangs splayed over his eyes.

He eventually succeeds in escaping from me, and all of my meddling went to nothing, I realize. Unable to help myself, I glare at him despite knowing that he couldn't see me. Jabbing a hand into his face, I pinch at his cheek.

Hard.

He finally gets up with a jolt before looking for the source of his problems, and I soon find his half lidded eyes glaring at me.

"...What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with you?" I shoot back. "You're the one who spends 90% of your time asleep, not me. If anything, I'm the one who's trying to give you a more fulfilling life." I place my hands on my hips to get my disappointment across, but he only scowls at me.

"Why did you wake me up?" He's changing the topic.

"Because I wanted to show you the sunrise."

He looked at me like I was crazy. "That's what you woke me up for? Are you kidding?" Scoffing, he turned back towards his bed. "Wake me up when you have a better idea of fun, please."

And with that, he pulls the covers back over his head, settling back into sleep with ease. The corners of my lips drag downward, feeling the blatant sting of rejection.

:(

Oh well. I didn't want to have to do this, but I will. Besides, I'm running out of time, and I gotta get him up somehow, right? Taking out my phone, I go straight to my alarms, fingers pressing on a few buttons before letting the phone hover just slightly above the bed.

BANG

The phone shakes at the sudden alarm, and I can't help but flinch at the sound as well. Paris, however, doesn't react so kindly, as he immediately rose back up, hands scrambling to snatch the device from me.

My eyes widened at the quick movement, feet stepping back in response. A sharp sigh comes out of my victim as his posture slowly relaxes. "You really are desperate, aren't you?"

"There's only a few minutes left before the sun is done rising, so..."

He stays still for a moment, probably wondering if he should start a murder career, but begrudgingly decides against it. "...Fine, fine, let's go see that sun rise."

I give him my best smile. "Thank you."

As Paris slowly crawls his way out of bed, I happily make my way over to the window, pulling the blinds back as an annoyed groan comes out from behind me. Turning back, I can see Paris hastily bringing an arm up to his eyes.

"Come on, come on, it'll be over if you don't hurry!"

"Yes, yes, I'm coming..." Swinging up to my side, Paris hesitatingly brings his arm down before leaning into my shoulder, making it evident that he was still pretty sleepy. Playfully rolling my eyes at him, I bring my attention back to the window.

Though it was just shy of peeking out of the clouds earlier, the giant star was rising a good distance away, a beautiful array of colors bleeding across the sky. A few rays of orange began to expand from the bright circle, and a couple of them graze my eyes, forcing me to squint.

A few more seconds pass, and neither of us want to speak up, becoming afraid of ruining the breathtaking view. Finally, as the sun began to come to a stop, Paris spoke up.

"...Is it over?"

"Yeah, I think so." He sleepily hums in response, suddenly more interested in turning my shoulder into a pillow. Stifling the giggle in my throat, my hand reaches over to smooth out his messy hair. "Gonna go back to sleep, P?"

"Mm." He's reluctant in moving away from me, but the need for sleep heavily outweighs his other thoughts. Though when a sudden hand grabs at my wrist, and I can't say I'm surprised.

"The sunrise was nice and all, but I'm not going to stay up any longer than I have to. And you're coming with me as punishment for waking me up at seven in the morning."

"I see."

____________________________________

Despite my thoughts of wanting to make a sleepy Paris here, (I think he turned out well!) for some reason I actually see Paris (if he needed to sleep) as the type to wake up early?

But I could totally see the sleep in Paris too. (Especially after I wrote this)

He fits in both of these types, actually...

What about you all? Do you sleep in or nah?

Anyway.

Next one