Panic

The sun shines through the curtains of my room; hitting my eyes. I squeeze them shut in annoyance because I'm not ready to wake up. Looking at the time, I immediately begin stretching my limbs out before kicking my legs off the bed. Feet touching the cool floor as I lazily walk to the bathroom to start up the shower. As the steam builds up and begins to cloud the mirror before my eyes, I decide it's time for me get in. Calmness washes over me once the water hits my skin.

"Today is the first day of school. It has to be a good day" I say aloud. Just as I'm about to turn off the water.

"HURRY UP Y/N!! I NEED TO PEE!" I hear Cherisse, one of my roommates, as she pounds on the door.

"Okay okay! I'll be out in a second" I responded with a slight giggle escaping my lips.

Stepping out of the shower, I wrapped myself in a towel and I wipe mirror with one hand to clear the steam. Staring at myself, I say again "it has to be a good day."

I open the door and immediately hear, "About time! I'm going to get a UTI waiting for you" Cherisse blurts as she pushes pass me and shoves me out.

I have 3 roommates.
- Cherisse, she's petite with long straight brunette hair. Really funny, a bit sassy, and she can be really bossy. She's a dance major with a social butterfly personality to match. She's always up to date with everything that's happening with everyone.

- Meilyn, probably the calmest one of the group. She's beautiful with sun kissed tan skin and natural beach wave locks. As a photography major, she's always gone but will be there if you need her.

- Lily, someone you want on your side if you get into an altercation. Quiet but definitely not shy. Amazingly gorgeous with eyes that'll pierce your soul. It's surprises me that she's a ballet dancer because when we first met, I thought she was going to bite my head off but when she smiles, all my worries disappear.

And then there is me....not tall but not short either. Long black hair with a decent smile and a set of dimples. I'm filled with insecurities and self confidence issues and it shows in my personality. I'm still trying to figure out who I am but all I know is that I love to sing. I didn't get here because my nonexistent parents could afford it, but because I worked hard and I know I'll be paying for my student loan debt til I die...all to pursue my dreams. I'm just an average girl with average looks; just chasing my dreams to make it big one day.

"Y/n come on! We need to leave now if you want to get good seats in class" I hear Cherisse yell while grabbing her bag and books. I finish up my make up and check the mirror one last time before dashing out the door to catch up with her.

As we enter the classroom, I follow Cherisse closely. We make our way down the stairs to find seats. I feel a sense of nervousness wash over my body. I'm not sure why but I feel the atmosphere in the room shift and now all the eyes of my classmates are staring at me or maybe through me. I turn around to check if they may be staring at someone else. Immediately, I lock eyes with a tall dark haired heathen. My brain goes blank but my feet have a mind of their own. Stumbling causing myself to slip and miss my footing. A large firm hand grasps my wrist and I wince in pain. This man saved me from making a fool of myself but his grip hurts.

Hot. I feel hot.

A shade of pink becomes noticeable on my cheeks. My feet have met solid ground but he is still holding on to me.

"Thank you" is all that mutters from my lips as I brush his fingers off my wrist with my opposite hand.

Turning back around in panic, I begin scanning the room to see where Cherisse went, I see her waving her hand to catch my attention.

I rush over and plop into the seat next to her. The heart in my chest cavity is beating at a million times an hour. I'm totally embarrassed and flustered.

Who is that?

"That's Namjoon, he's the class genius. A bit rude but he's good to look at. I heard he is taking this class for fun since he is older than us. Oh and calm down. He probably isn't into you. No one has seen him with anyone" Cherisse responded as if she could read my mind

"How do you know that? School literally just started today" I whispered.

"Everyone knows Namjoon and his friends. They are the hottest men in school and they don't date or get distracted with relationships. They're the most available yet unavailable group of men. How do you not know that?" She says to me while looking at me with confusion.

Shrugging my shoulders, I glance at the ground next to me and I see a set of feet standing next to my desk. Namjoon crouches down, coming to eye level with me, and stares into my soul. My breath gets caught in my throat.

"You're welcome"

That same shade of pink reignites, exposing my unsettled state. How does a man I don't know make me so flustered...

"Cute"

———————————————————
A/N: thanks for reading! I hope this is good so far!

—-hello again! I'm just finding the time to PROOF read my book now. So I'll be making edits here and there to fix my grammar and spelling but besides that; thanks for showing my book so much love ! ENJOY 🫰🏼💜