C H A P T E R 69

69 | Bestie Of The Year Goes To....

You got this, Vittoria. Just keep reading. You can never fall asleep to a Dan Brown. Try solving the mystery.

But you've read this three times already.

"Do I have the permission to enter, your highness?" Liam's voice followed by two knocks cut the silence.

"Come in, Liam." I forced a smile.

The door opened, he stepped into my room and did a courtesy. "Long live the queen of Esztar."

"Stop being a drama queen." I tossed a pillow at him for the reading nook where I was lazed around.

"I gotta admit this is ultra cozy." He made himself comfortable next to me. "What are you reading by the way?" He flipped the book. "Oh I see. The Da Vinci Code. Noice!"

"Why are you here, Liam." I asked bluntly. I'm not going to forgive them so easily. "Let me guess. To apologize?"

His smile faded and he averted his ocean eyes. "No Vittoria. Sorry would sound like a joke. I've lost the right to apologize."

"Then why are here in the middle of the night?"

"To make sure you're okay and shower you with ten kisses." He grinned cheekily.

I gave him what the fuck looks.

"Oh with that I meant these." He extracted five kisses from the left pocket of his sweatpants and five from the right.

"You think you can chocolate your way out of this?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"But it's working, isn't it?" He made the puppy face.

Yes.

"Not at all."

"Uh uh careful! You're about to smile. Remember you're mad at me. No... No don't you dare smile..holy mackerel! What am I seeing."

"Shut up, Liam." I hid my face in my hands, giving in. "This is cheating." I complained.

"Just admit it. I'm too cute to be mad at." He smirked.

"You're a clown." I hit his arm playfully.

"A cute clown."

"Whatever."

"Why are you still up? It's 2 a.m. You're having difficulty sleeping?" He asked, concerned.

"No, it's just this disturbing noise." I lied, thanking the renovation work which was still going on. God knows what's taking so long. Are they erecting a personal Eiffel tower in this house?

"Ah about that." He scratched his head. "You might have to shift into your old room for a week or two."

"What! Why!" I grumbled.