C H A P T E R 06

06|Its Getting Serious

"Why the hell do you keep lying to us Vittoria? Don't you get it, you're only making it more difficult for yourself

"Why the hell do you keep lying to us Vittoria? Don't you get it, you're only making it more difficult for yourself." Liam roared.

I swear even Rafael was stunned by his tone for a second. My eyes switched to Toby. He looked away angrily.

I was stupid to feel hurt by their actions, but I did feel that way. Was them being nice all just an act? Guess they're no different than Rafael and Oliver.

"Look Vittoria." Oliver began. "I don't know if this is all a joke to you, but for us it's a fucking serious matter. Don't force us to tie you up in the basement and torture you until you spill every single detail."

My body visibly trembled at his words.

Basement.

Suddenly the light in the room vanished and all I could see was darkness. Their cussing ceased to be heard. What instead filled my ears was my own screams. My whole body started to ache with non existent wounds.

"Vittoria." I heard a concerned voice. It sounded very distant.

It's very cold here. It's freezing. And it's too dark. I'm alone. No one will find me here. No will save me.

"Vittoria! Breathe!" The same voice called me out again, this time accompanied by a slight push on my shoulders.

Blue eyes replaced the abhorrent darkness and the chill dissipated with Toby's warm hands cupping my tear stained cheeks. "Hey I'm sorry. Please calm down, it's okay."

"Don't touch me." I pushed him away, scurrying to the farthest end of the couch.

"Today m-morning some unknown person.. he.. he handed me this folder. Couldn't see.. I.. his face... It was too crowded.. many people-"

"Look that's fine. Take some time. You want some water?" Liam said gently, his tone carrying heavy regret.

"He asked me to.. to pass this to someone. I don't know who. Probably a man. He addressed the person as 'him'. Rafael... He said he shouldn't know about it." I blurted out in a shaky breath.

After that, there was silence.

"I swear I didn't look at the contents. I didn't know what to do with it. I was going to tell you about it but you were in a hurry about this client meeting." I informed Oliver. "Are you satisfied with this explanation or do you still see the dire need torture me in the....in the basement." I whispered the last part, trying to get the disgusting memories out of my head.

I plopped down, burying my head in my hands. I felt even more disgusted with myself for what I just did. I know I'm weak and pathetic and that there's something wrong with me. But I didn't need to show that to any random strangers. I just had a panic attack in from of them. How shameful.