C H A P T E R 34

34 | What Are You Up To, Oliver?

WARNING ⚠️
SENSITIVE CONTENT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

You're too naive for your own good.

Oliver's words rang deafeningly in my head, every syllable mocking me endlessly.

What I failed to see clearly out in the open now found a way to me through the narrow fissure of this door. Some unseen dark force seemed to have held me captive rendering me unable to move.

Under normal circumstances I'd be running for the hills after witnessing such a grim sight. I saw a man getting tortured by the man I love. And then there is Oliver who killed him in a heartbeat, like life had no value. It didn't , not in their world.

Oliver Rivera gave out orders to kill Mason.

"Vittoria please let me explain." Rafael took heedful steps towards me.

I backpedaled instinctively as his scary form neared me. My eyes trained down to his bloody hands and I sprinted off in the opposite direction. I felt nostalgic running through this corridor. I was feeling the exact same things as I was when I was first brought to this room.

I was terrified. I was helpless. And above all, I was feeling cheated.

"Vittoria stop! Just hear us out please." Liam caught up to me.

"Don't you fucking dare touch me." Suddenly a huge wave of fury submerged every other emotion.

They lied to me. They all lied to me.

"I know what we've done is very wrong but please just give us a chance." He begged.

"Wrong?" A dark chuckle escaped my lips. "Is that the word you use Liam? You all fucking kept me in the dark. You let me think the secret member killed Mason. I put my everything, literally everything into avenging my brother's death thinking they are my enemy. But that's not true. They aren't my enemy. You are my enemy." I yelled.

I'm so stupid. It's disgusting! I let them use me to bring down their enemy. I should've known. How did I miss the signs? No one is so good to protect a stranger for nothing in return.

Mason always said there are no good people. I didn't listen to him and look where I was now. I never listened to him. That was the very root of what was happening to me right now. Forget about them, I was responsible for Mason's death and no one else.

I shut my eyes tight and gripped my hair in frustration. How was I ever going to forgive myself?

"You really think I would do that, Vittoria?" Oliver threw his gun in aggression.

And now he was mad at me for saying the truth? The audacity of this man!

"Why would he lie? He's just a guard. What do you call them? Yes, the Scavengers. They just follow orders. The least you can do is accept it. Don't you see it, you're busted. Quit this loyalty crap, Oliver." I pushed him back. Right now all I could see was red.