C H A P T E R 53

53 | Back In The Game

"I said stop, Rafael." Oliver roared, following him inside the living room while I trailed them like a lost puppy.

"I don't take orders from you, Oliver." He retorted, stomping ahead of him.

"Gotcha!" Toby screamed with his hands wide open as if blocking Rafael's way.

"Get out of my way, Toby. I've got things to do." He shoved him.

"Like what? Empty ten more bottles of whiskey?" I yelled, forcing him to turn back at me.

I don't understand what happened. It was like a switch flicked inside him when he saw Oliver. He quickly got up and sprinted out of the gym, leaving me there to contemplate what went wrong.

"Just leave me alone." He said, irritated.

Alright, I got it. He w afraid. He was still afraid of facing them. He masked his fear by anger but his eyes not meeting anyone else's said it all.

I inhaled a huge load of oxygen before taking cautious steps towards him. He was too vulnerable right now. I didn't want to make this any worse.

"Look here, Raf." I slowly held his hand.

"Don't call me that." He jerked it away. I grabbed it again.

"What did we talk about a few minutes ago? These people are your family, Raf. They care about you. Don't create a fortress around yourself. Besides, we need you more than you need us."

"I don't believe it when they say they've forgiven me." He said, his voice hoarse.

"Family is something that stays with you in your good as well as bad times. If you go on the wrong track, family is the one to drag you back to the right path. Yes, we were angry at you but we won't just leave you because of it." Toby desperately tried to convince him.

Rafael remained silent for some time until he mustered up the courage to meet their gaze, especially Oliver's.

"Tell him to say that he doesn't hate me." Rafael demanded grumpily, point a finger at Oliver.

"Tell him to say Oliver fights better than him." My brother demanded back.

"Hello! You're supposed to be the grandpa, not the kid." Toby shrieked.

"Such chances are rare. I won't miss the opportunity." He shrugged.

"I'm not going to lie." Rafael stated.

"Fine then! I hate you." Oliver jabbed a finger in his chest.

"Yeah because you're jealous of me. You know I'm better than you." Rafael returned the gesture.

"Go on. Keep fooling yourself." Oliver shoved him causing him to stumble a few steps back.

"Why don't you do that. Chelsea liked me more than you." He smirked.