C H A P T E R 47

47 | Losing A Loved One

It was so difficult.

So fucking difficult to not let my tears out as I hold her unmoving body in my arms. Her innocent brown eyes were wide open but she wasn't blinking.

A loud thud from behind distracted me as Rafael dropped his body down, defeated and shocked. His terror glazed eyes were fixated at the girl in my arms like doing so would erase everything that happened today.

Silence sweeped over the room. None of us knew what to say. Toby, much like Rafael was leaning against an armchair to support himself.

"Fuck!" Liam slammed his hand on the wall in aggression before storming out.

Deep breaths, Oliver. I tried to regain my composure.

"It's okay, sweetheart. You're alright." I whispered gently into the shocked girl's ears. She was so still that for a moment I really thought the bullet blew her brains off.

"Move out, fellas." Jake took charge. He closed the door immediately after those guards left.

I finally let my tears break free. "Thank you, Jake. I owe my life to you."

"No problem sir."

My sister would've been dead if it wasn't for him. Thanks to his quick action, he pushed the gun away the moment her finger pressed over the trigger.

"I'm sorry." Her meek voice said between sobs.

"You try to do something like that again and I'll make sure to blow that intelligent head myself."

She nodded, breaking a weak smile.

"No don't you dare give me those looks. You're so fucking wrong if you think I'll let it slide. No little miss, I won't!" I yelled.

"Language, grandpa!" Toby exclaimed which caused her to break a giggle.

Yeah whatever.

"Now come on stand up. Let's take you up to your room. You must rest for a while. It's gonna be a long journey." I suggested

"I'll make the arrangements." Toby said. The pain in his voice didn't go unnoticed by me.

Honestly, I would miss them too but I have to do it for her. She won't get better being here. She needs and deserves a fresh start.

He moved out quickly, leaving the four of us alone in here. "Can you walk?" I asked as she  raised herself up with the support of the wall. She was in desperate need to eat something.

"Yes, don't worry I'm fine."

"Uh... Sir." Jake interrupted. His strung out face conveyed this wasn't something pleasant.

"What is it, Jake?"

"I think the others know about her being your sister." He said anxiously.

No freaking way!