C H A P T E R 60

60 | Power > Love

Everything about this place screamed elegance

A grand chandelier hung from the ornate ceiling, dispelling a golden haze across the huge ballroom. Rich looking people had scattered over the exquisite place. Some of them were even well known personalities.

Remind me why the hell am I here?

"Relax, love." Rafael rubbed my arm soothingly. "Don't you see all these eyes are busy staring at the most beautiful woman?"

"Maybe they're staring at you and not me." My grip on his arm tightened.

"Quite possible." He smiled. "Because they know I have someone that everyone wants but no one can get."

My stomach did all kinds of flips and turns. I magically got the strength to absorb all the attention we were getting. Who knew Rafael Grayson could be sweet as a candy.

And also a tasty eye candy.

I noticed Oliver stride towards us with his usual Rivera face on.

"Smile, Mr Rivera! There are pretty girls over here. You know what I mean?" I grinned, hoping he finally gets a life.

"Remember Vittoria, no one should know you're my sister. Don't accidentally slip anything out of your mouth." He checked his watch, disregarding what I'd said earlier.

I could feel Rafael shift uncomfortably next to me. What was that?

I switched my eyes between them, awaiting an explanation for their behavior but they weren't even looking at each other. I scanned the area around me in search for the twins. That was the only way I'd survive this boredom.

While doing so, I noticed some familiar faces. Luca was talking to a group of reporters with his hand grabbing his date's ass. Then I saw Viktor walking towards a nearby balcony.

"I see the way you're looking around." Rafael snarled, slightly pinching the area on my waist which was covered by his hand. "Searching for Nikolai huh?"

I felt like saying yes and teasing the fuck out of him but decided against it. His gaze fell on the patched up area on my neck. It was a gaze full of warning as if reminding me what happened last time I thought of doing so.

"Excuse me." Oliver's phone rang like every time and he disappeared somewhere.

God knows what happened but Rafael's mood shifted drastically. He was terribly quiet for the next few minutes, just curiously looking around us.

"Where's. Toby and Liam?" I asked.

"Must be on their way." He replied curtly. I was starting to get pissed.

"Raf, are you pregnant? What's with these mood swings?"

He turned to me irritably, opening his mouth to speak but a voice cut in. The voice was unknown but the face was familiar.