C H A P T E R 05

05|Mason's Secrets

Afternoon sunlight glided over my eyes the moment I opened them, amplifying the throb in my head

Afternoon sunlight glided over my eyes the moment I opened them, amplifying the throb in my head. Every part of me ached. I could literally feel all the energy leave my body with every move I made.

I looked around and found myself on a plush bed in an unknown room. All the events soon came crashing. I was drowning. Someone saved me and then I passed out.

I became aware of a familiar drugging scent of spicy cologne. Immediately uncovering the sheets off me, I examined the oversized white shirt draped on my body.

I panicked. How did I reach here? What happened after I blanked out?

The soft thud of the bathroom door made me flinch. I instinctively pulled the sheets to cover myself when I saw Mr. Grayson walking towards me with that smug look on his face.

He was almost unrecognizable with his black tracks and grey t-shirt exactly the color of his eyes. His dark brown hair was all messy and wet. Could he get any more gorgeous?

Dammit Vittoria! Stop staring!

"I really must appreciate how fast you are, Miss Andress." He sat down next to me. I scampered back. "You are the first woman to get into my shirt within an hour."

I jumped off the bed but he pulled me back next to him. I could feel all the blood rushing up to my cheeks. God! I must look so funny right now. "D-Did you change my... my clothes?" I asked meekly, avoiding eye contact.

"Do you see anyone else here?"

Oh God! I wanted to hide myself somewhere. I felt so violated. I couldn't even form words to speak.

"Don't worry, señorita. I didn't see anything. I'm not interested in tomato's evil twin." He chuckled.

"Excuse me!" How dare he? "First of all stop calling me names." I got off the bed.

"Is she awake?" Oliver's voice broke the comical sequence going on between us. Only then did I realize Rafael's shirt was the only thing I was wearing. I felt so exposed with my bare legs on display. Oliver sensed my discomfort and he scoffed.

That's right. He scoffed.

"Seriously, Vittoria?" He stood there with his arms crossed. "The skirt you were wearing yesterday was shorter than this." He pointed to my current attire, reminding me of Mason. Majority of time while shopping was spent in convincing Mason about the length of my clothes.

"Enough of talking." Rafael clasped his fingers around my arm and dragged me out of the room. As usual, I struggle keeping up with their long strides.

"What are you doing, Rafael." I protested.

"This only so much time you can spend in my room. You look quite alive so let's get back to business," he said curtly.

We made our way down the huge stairs to reach the living room where Toby and Liam were playing video games, fiercely absorbed in it.