C H A P T E R 45

45 | Irreparable

45 | Irreparable

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Who are you." I asked the girl in the mirror.

"I'm nobody."

"Where do you belong?"

"Nowhere."

"Who do you have?"

"No one."

"Then why are you still alive?"

"Because she's a fighter." A familiar voice answered on her behalf.

A frown formed on my face and I dashed out of the bathroom. I found him seated on the edge of my bed, palms together and elbows rested on his kness. His eyes were red from crying but his lips were tugged upwards.

"I'm sorry." He said.

My blood boiled and rage flowed into my veins. I was so sick of hearing those two meaningless words.

"You might hate me and you have the right to but-"

"I should hate you. I trusted you more than anyone." I cut him off. "I should hate you all. But I can't. I say it but I just can't mean it. Is that why you all take me for granted?" I screamed.

"Talk softly. They'll know I'm here." He gestured a finger on his lips.

"But they won't see you. You're not real, Mason."

I was panicking on the inside. My mind was playing tricks with me. I knew he wasn't not real. But at this point, I was ready to be called a retard if that meant I could spend a few minutes with him again.

"You need some rest, kiddo." He got up from the bed and sat on the opposite couch so that I could lay down. I stood there stubbornly.

"You never listen to anyone, do you?" He sighed.

"Fine!" I threw my hands up in surrender and laid flat on my back. "Happy?"

"Listen to me carefully now." His voice turned dead serious. "You need to get yourself together and for god sake stop hurting yourself and others. Look I don't like Oliver Rivera at all, but he really cares about you. Don't go punishing others for Rafael's mistake."

Rafael.

That name burnt my heart to ashes. Now when I hear that name, I can only think of fear, humiliation and hurt. That's all my love for him was reduced to.

"Don't cry, Vittoria. He's not worth it." Mason's hallucinated form walked up to me, crouching down next me to.

"I loved him." I sobbed.

"You deserve so much better." He gently caressed my cheek.

"Why do people keep leaving me, Mase? I have no one left now."

"You have your brother. You have your friends Toby and Liam. You can trust them. You still have me. You know I'll always be with you. You've just lost one person."

The Esztar Code | A Mafia Romance Thriller |18+|जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें