C H A P T E R 66

66 | Once A Naive, Innocent Girl

Three days of radio silence.

She hadn't stepped out of her room for three days now.

No matter how hard we tried, we never succeeded in convincing her. She needed to talk to someone. If not us, then someone professional. But she just won't let us enter her room. Scratch that, we haven't even heard her voice ever since she returned.

This day was over as well. Don't know how long this was going to continue. Exhausted, I began trudging up to my room. That's when I heard a whistle from my right.

Following the sound I reached near the pool and found her seated at the edge with her legs dipped into the chilling water.

I had to do a double take. Was that really her?

Of course it's her. The black and blue bruises on her body along with red lash marks on her back were still clearly visible. My heart bled seeing her pitiable state. But that won't make it any less painful for her, would it?

"Hey Grayson." She called me out, without turning back.

I can do this.

I stepped closer to her.

I can't do this.

Her spaghetti strapped black top was doing nothing in hiding her scars. I know she's doing this on purpose.

Taking off my hoodie, I covered her dainty frame with it, cautiously settling down next to her. She yanked it off carelessly and tossed it in the water.

"It's freezing, Vittoria." I noticed she was wearing gym shorts.

"That's for someone with sensations alive."

Does she really not feel anything at all? I'm literally shivering in the cold out here.

"How do phones get married, Rafael?" She asked all of a sudden.

"I'm sorry what?"

"How do phones get married?" Her eyebrows shot up, encouraging me to answer.

"Please be okay Vittoria. Don't do this to yourself. I can't see you like this." I pleaded.

"Just say you aren't smart enough to know the answer." She scowled.

I shook my head, my worry heightening. "Fine. What's the answer?"

"They give each other a ring." She threw her head back laughing uncontrollably. "Oh come on Raf, it was a nice one. Tobo would've laughed."

"We need to talk, Vittoria. I need to explain myself. It's not how it seems. I still love you. It's only you." I moved my hand towards her but her sharp gaze stopped me.

"You only do that if you want to find your hand in a box." She spat.

"D-Do you really hate me so much Vittoria?"