C H A P T E R 63

63 | How Strong Can The Enemies Be?

"God dammit! What's happening!" Liam cursed

What now?

I parked the car in the empty street, near a building standing opposite to the hotel. Toby was on the roof of the building, keeping an eye around the area.

"Fuck! There's a glitch. I can't figure out her location." Liam rigorously typed some codes on his laptop.

Fear blasted into me in full force when my eyes fell over the blinking screen. The red dot of Vittoria's location was visible but other than that, the screen was all black.

"How can this happen?" I slammed the steering. "You said it would work."

The small lightning bolt pendant on Vittoria's neck was actually a device that showed her location. I just hope she doesn't throw it away in aggression.

"I don't know. Just let me try and fix it." He yelled, frustrated. He was trying to conceal his fear but actions said everything.

"Guys!" Toby's voice called us. "No need to worry. I can see her from up here."

Liam and I both exhaled in unison. She's nearby. We can do this.

"And what about Camila?" I asked.

"I can't quite see the back of the hotel from this angle but I sense some movements near the garden area."

A knock on my window caught my attention. It was Travis. "Oliver Sir has ordered me to go get Camila ma'am. He suspects something fishy with Nikolai and Luca."

I'd rather Oliver go there personally than send someone else. What if he messes up? I can't risk her safety especially when she's so close.

"I've protected her for more than five years. Be rest assured, boss. I won't let anything happen to her." Travis said firmly.

I was still skeptical but gave him an assent nonetheless. He was gone, without wasting a second. In the meantime I checked in with Oliver.

"Oliver, update me on your current location. What's wrong? Is there a problem."

What filled my ears instead of his voice was a series of thuds and bangs.

"Oliver? You there?"

"Listen to me carefully, Rafael." He panted. "Nikolai has melted in the ballroom. I can't do any to him in front of people. Luca is missing and so is that woman."

This doesn't sound good. At all.

"Jake is getting a man to you. In fact, he's sending him to the mansion. He was acting suspicious. We interrogated him and his answers were giving out major red flags." He informed.

"Why the hell did you ask Jake to send him home. I need to interrogate him personally. He's a valuable asset."

"That's exactly what you're gonna do. Go home and take Liam with you. Toby and I will handle things here. Even Jake is here with other men." He said urgently.