C H A P T E R 41

41 | Awakening Of  The Devil

He found me.

I was going to die.

"I'll take that." Rafael snatched the gun from my hand, his agonizing hold still unmoved over me.

"Rafael." I breathed out in a shaky breath.

I was beyond terrified. His cold eyes did nothing to hide the hatred rested in them and his stony face conveyed me my calamitous ending. I tried pushing his hands away but it was futile.

"Don't you dare hurt her." Caleb warned.

"Haw! I'm so cared." Rafael mocked.

He roughly turned me back and pressed his arm on my throat. Outside sound gradually decreased. I felt like I was drowning with so much pressure on my windpipe. I struggled for air. It only caused the pressure to rise.

"Stop! She'll die." Caleb yelled.

"Put down all your weapons. I won't repeat it." Rafael commanded. Caleb obeyed, petrified.

"Let her go." He pleaded.

A series of vile laughter took over the air around us. He sounded pure evil. The perfect villain.

"What were you thinking, Vittoria? That you'll betray me, run away and then live your happily ever after with this loser? Sorry baby, that's not happening."

The pressure on my throat increased yet again and just when I thought this was all I could take, he released his arm. A huge load of oxygen blasted into me. I savored it wholeheartedly.

"So the thing is," He traced the gun over my face, moving it downward to my neck until it was pressed painfully on my chest. "My brother could've died tonight because of you."

No no no! He was getting this all wrong.

"I didn't know about Luca's plan to blow the place. I swear I didn't." I clarified, desperately trying to make him believe I was saying the truth.

"Oh you didn't?" The strange calm in his voice increased the tremors in my body.

"Trust me, I didn't. I would never put any of you in such danger. He said he just wanted the gold as a revenge for his drug deal going wrong. Please believe me, Rafael."

"I'm sorry did I hear that right? Believe you? You?" He roared, his enraged voice reverberating in the deserted alleyway.

He hurled me away, his strong blow pitching me into the opposite end. A sharp pain lanced through my body as my hands fell over the broken glass pieces scattered next to the empty dumpster.

"You bastard." Caleb howled. He took the opportunity to charge at Rafael who welcomed his intentions with equal fervor.

The two men broke into a brutal fight, none of them willing to back off. I'd seen Rafael fight before but Caleb surprised me with his skills. He was giving Rafael a very hard time. To endure a battle with Rafael for this long was in itself an impressive task. But then again he's a spy. He's extensively trained in this field.