C H A P T E R 54

54 | Hello Stepfather

"Daughter?" I scoffed.

"You're hurting me sweetheart. You know you have Chelsea's smile." Raymond made himself comfortable on the couch.

"I know." I passed him the sweetest fake smile.

I scanned their faces carefully. All four of them seem to be a little too stressed by his presence.

"I don't care how you learned about this but I swear to god Raymond if you tell anyone she's my sister, no fucking one will be able to save you from me." Oliver warned.

"Where are your manners, both of you." He chided. "I understand about her. She's never had parents to learn that but you-"

"Something tells me you won't leave here alive today." Rafael stated nonchalantly.

Okay, if he is calm, then that qualifies as a calamity.

"Take the hint Raymond. I'm not interested in small talking with you. In fact no one is. We know you're aware of the truth. We got your message. Now please leave." I intervened.

He got up, his mocking grin never leaving his slightly wrinkled face. "Hmm she's smart." He curled his lips in wonder, looking over at Oliver.

"Yeah thanks. It was nice meeting you." Not. But I didn't say that.

"You're welcome, dear. Likewise." He began walking towards the door but halted suddenly. "Ah! I'm sorry I've been terribly rude. I forgot asking how you're holding up?" The redhead once again walked up to me, feigning concern.

"I heard you were stripped naked in front of fifty men and molested-"

That's it. Rafael ticked off, lunging at him in a blink of an eye and the next moment, he was was heaved into the wall. Toby and Liam tried holding him back but there was no stopping him.

"Rafael stop!" I interrupted, slightly afraid seeing blood spurt out of Raymond's mouth. I looked at Oliver, silently asking him to interfere.

He just rolled his eyes, leisurely sitting on the couch, checking some sexy blonde's Instagram profile.

What the fuck!

I shook my head, running over to Rafael and standing between him and my step dad. "I said stop it Rafael!"

"Move, Vittoria." His hand formed into a fist was raised high up, ready to knock him off in one go. There was so much anger in those charcoal eyes that for a second, it scared me even.

"It's okay Rafael. Please calm down." I placed a hand over his chest, his raging heartbeat thundering inside his chest. "Look at me." I whispered softly. Those darkened grey eyes went back to their original shade the moment they met mine. His heavy breaths became normal and his heart rate calmed down.