C H A P T E R 14

14|The Diverse Criminals

"Vittoria!" Ariel smiled cheerfully

"Vittoria!" Ariel smiled cheerfully. I don't get how someone can be so happy in the morning. Mornings are so depressing.

Her welcoming smile transformed to a teasing one by the time I reach her desk. "How many days have you been working here? Two days right? Two days and you've managed to be the hot gossip of Grayson Inc." She flashed her phone before me, the screen displaying a picture of me and Rafael with his arm circling my waist.

My eyes popped out of my sockets. How did this spread so fast! It was literally two minutes ago!

"FML!"

"I'm telling you Vittoria, that man has hots for you."

Yeah and I have a billion dollars and twenty cats.

If only she knew what kind of hots he has for me. I sighed at the mere thought of it. "I'll get started. I'm sure I must already have a huge pile of papers on my desk and my co worker would again be MIA right?"

"Nope. In fact..." She walked over to her desk, picking up a cute bouquet of flowers. "This is for you. An apology for not sharing your burden on your first day."

Aww... Sounds sweet.

"Who's this angel?" I asked, impatient to meet my new sweet colleague.

"That angel's inside your cabin. And be careful, this angel flirts with every woman on earth."

"Noted." I hurried to my cabin, pushed the white door open and was greeted by the flirting angel. To say I'm surprised was an understatement.

"Work can go to hell of I have a pretty girl like you sitting next to me all day." The boy with dirty blonde hair and playful ocean eyes walked over to me with a cheeky grin.

"Shut up Liam." Ariel scolded from behind. "This is Vittoria Andress, your co worker." She introduced me to him, totally unaware of the fact that I am a hostage in their grand mansion. Actually...not exactly a hostage.

"Liam Authier." He stretched his arm out for a handshake. "Pleasure meeting you."

"Likewise." I smiled.

"Alright, I'll get going. Have a nice day." She exited the cabin, closing the door behind her.

"Oh I will." Liam grinned and enveloped me in a bear hug.

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

"Surprise!"

"Definitely!" I sunk into my chair. "You're gonna make working here so much tolerable."

The day went easily. I was able to take my mind off unpleasant things when I was working. I don't know what I'd have done all day if I was locked up in my room.

Maybe these people weren't so bad after all. I was starting to trust them which was scaring the hell out of me. Mason always told me there were no good people in this world and in a way life has proven him right every time.