C H A P T E R 58

58 | What Are You Hiding, Mr Grayson?

"Rafael." I called to the person seated to my left, not knowing what exactly I wanted to say.

His grip on the steering tightened although he didn't reply in any way. His sunglasses were on but I knew his eyes looked worn out like he didn't sleep the entire night.

"Raf." I repeated timidly.

No reply.

"Fine I'm sorry."

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked in a flat tone.

"I don't know." I mumbled, although I did know why.

I was just too ashamed to say it out loud. I acted very childishly yesterday. I should've known he's stressed. They all were. I should've tried to understand instead of behaving like a brat.

"We've reached." He stated, getting out and opening the door for me. He stretched his hand out for me but he never looked at me.

Was he that mad at me?

"I promise I'll keep my behavior in check." I said, looking down at my lap.

"It has got nothing to do with you. Come on now. We're already late." He pulled me with a slight jerk before interlocking our hands and walking towards the skyscraper hastily.

"Okay then. Smile for me." I grinned widely.

"No."

"Raf! Don't be a grumpy dumpy. A small little tiny minuscule smile? Please?" I batted my eyelashes making that infamous puppy face.

"Oh no! Not that face, woman!" He warned, breaking a small fake smile which didn't reach his eyes. But it'll have to do.

"Ah? That should be illegal." I remarked dramatically.

"Are you flirting with your boss, Miss Andress?" There comes back his smirk.

"Naah! I'm flirting with my half French ex fake boyfriend." I winked.

He laughed.

It died away soon.

I followed his line of vision and got the reason.

Luca one day gonna be murdered by Vittoria Andress Zanetti.

He was standing right in the middle of the entrance of the two rival skyscrapers with his hands thrusted in pockets. His hazel eyes were glued on us while a malicious smirk hung on his lips. It was like he was awaiting us.

And that was bad news.

Wait! He was always bad news.

"Vittoria. Go." Rafael commanded, not taking his burning gaze off Luca.

What! No! He's already in a crappy mood since morning. Leaving him alone with this dipshit will only make things worse.

"I think I was quite audible." He repeated sternly.