C H A P T E R 04

04| The Shady CEO

Authority and power emanated from the man dressed in all black

Authority and power emanated from the man dressed in all black. His charcoal eyes sized me up like he could see right through my soul, like I was an open book and he could read every minute detail written over my face.

With two long strides, he reached right in front of me. I didn't move back. The fear swirling inside me was replaced by fury.

"Is this some sort of a joke, Mr Rivera?" I snapped my head to him. "He is no investor. Why did you have to trick me into this?"

My voice boomed in the empty space and then there was silence. The two men just kept glaring at me.

"I expect an answer." I pushed.

"I will do the asking and you will do the answering. I suppose that's how it's traditionally done, Miss Andress. Besides, it would be easier for you if we followed that pattern," the most annoying man said through gritted teeth.

"I will do no such thing, Mr Grayson. Whatever it is, you should be asking me at the workplace and not here. So I'll take your leave, sir. It was so not nice meeting you." I retorted and turned back to leave the scary room but Mr Rivera stretched his arm out, blocking my way to the door.

Clear irritation swam over his face and honestly, I was starting to get scared now. What if they didn't let me leave? What were they going to do to me? How was I going to save myself? Mason didn't even know where I was.

"You are only making it difficult for yourself." Mr Rivera warned.

"It's okay, Oliver. Let her go," Mr. Grayson replied.

Oliver. They were on first name basis. I knew there was something more than just corporate relationship between the two. Were they brothers?

Hold on. He said I can go.

"What?" Mr Rivera asked, bewildered. Then as if it sank into him and he finally got what he meant. It was definitely something not nice for me. His smirk said it all. There was something hidden in that statement.

"Get out of this mansion successfully. I challenge you, Miss Andress."

Without wasting a second, I sprinted out of the room with all I had. My hand simultaneously fished my bag to extract the pepper spray which I always kept with myself.

I exited the dark corridor thinking I would make it. I was wrong. A guard similar to the ones at the door appeared before me. What next, I put the weapon in my hand to it's use. The hulk of a man rubbed his burning eyes in agony, his actions resembling a crying kid. I found that rather hilarious.

He blindly attempted to grab me but couldn't catch hold of anything more than my bag.

It had my phone which meant it had all the photos! All the embarrassing ones of Mason! I contemplated fighting for it but then decided against it.