C H A P T E R 25

25| How The Mafias Pass Their Time

"Woah! This definitely isn't a dusty attic

"Woah! This definitely isn't a dusty attic." My eyes roamed over the fairly large but empty space decorated with fairy lights. It was the attic, with a small patch of the roof replaced by glass which allowed an uncut view of the star studded night sky.

"Vittoria?" Liam turned back, startled.

"Yep! I think that's me. Oliver sent me here saying if you aren't seen anywhere then you'll be found here." I smiled.

A brief hint of disorder flashed in his ocean eyes which was quickly covered by some kind of a glorious realization. "Congratulations to us! We got played by Oliver."

"What? I'm lost."

"He sent me up here to look for some non existent files in those empty drawers." He pointed to a wall cabinet.

"Did grandpa just set us up?" I shrieked.

I looked at Liam. Liam looked at me and then we burst out into a gigantic fit of uncontrollable laughter.

"That explains all these fairy lights." I said.

"No they're always here. But what are we? Teenagers?" He remarked between the laughter.

"Why are you ignoring me Liam?" I asked and the aura switched to being all tensed again.

"I thought you'd never want to see me again." He mumbled, his guilty gaze stuck down to the wooden floor.

I sat down and patted the spot beside me. "That's not true. I just don't want to hurt you Liam."

"Why do you think you'd hurt me?" He settled down next to me.

Because I've started feeling things for your brother. That being one of the many reasons he shouldn't like me. But I didn't say that.

"This isn't me Liam. The girl who you like isn't me. The real Vittoria is a messed up person in all ways possible. There are a million things wrong with her. Trust me you wouldn't want someone like her. No one does." I whispered the last line.

He kept looking at me with an undecipherable emotion. "Then show me the real Vittoria and let me love her."

I shook my head frantically. "You'd be disgusted. You'll run away. I'm not ready to lose you. I'm selfish."

He sighed. "I don't know what happened in the past that makes you think so low about yourself. You don't know just how amazing you are Vi! I'm not saying this because I like you. In fact I'm not the only one. How do I...how do I explain it to you?" He struggled.

"Alright, let me say it this way. Before you, we were good, awesome in fact." He held my hands, drawing circles at the back while he looked at me with such intensity like his life depends on me believing him. "But after you came into our lives, we realized we could be happy as well. You're like a ray of sunshine that brightens everything in its way. Even Oliver smiles when he's around you. I don't think you know how big a task that is." He huffed, rather dramatically.