C H A P T E R 16

16|Dinner Time With Mafias

"You gotta be kidding me, grandpa

"You gotta be kidding me, grandpa. Give here." I snatched the knife from his hand. "Have you never used a knife?"

"I have. But to slit throats and not these goddamned chilles." He looked at the innocent green stuff like they're monsters.

"I'm totally not freaked out. Such sweet people you are."

"What's happening here?" Rafael and Liam entered the kitchen with a tense look on their face.

"Vittoria is cooking dinner for us. How sweet." Toby replied. "Oh and she's also teaching our grandpa how to slit chillies and he's terribly failing at it."

"Did you just call me grandpa?" He passed him a hard look and I slid the knife far away from Oliver. Just in case.

"I'd prefer starving to death. Thanks." The atrocious mafia boss commented and I flipped him the middle finger.

"What are you making by the way?" Liam asked, walking over to us while Rafael sat on one of the stools, burying his head in his phone.

"Lasagna, salmon steak, Greek salad, garlic bread and some pink pasta." I announced happily. Food makes me happy.

Rafael looked up from his phone, wide eyed. "Who the hell is going to eat so much?"

Toby and Liam raised their hand and then Oliver grandpa followed with hesitation.

"You said you don't like pink." Rafael asked.

"I said I don't like the color pink. I never said I don't like pink pasta." It's only then I noticed the color of his t shirt. I turned my eyes away before my stupid face turns a shade darker.

"But pink pasta is pink in color. The reason why it's called pink pasta." He argued.

"No. It's called that because it's a fusion of white and red pasta."

"Stop it you two." Oliver yelled. "Does your bickering ever stop? I'm trying to focus on the chillies here. I need silence."

We were dead silent for a minute and then the room burst into a fit of laughter. Everyone was laughing except for two people. Grandpa himself and quite surprisingly... Liam?

"What's wrong Liam? You look a little upset." I touched his arm but he backed away quickly, not looking at me in the eye.

"I'm just a little bit sleepy that's it." He rubbed his eyes, taking off his glasses.

He's pathetic at acting. I noticed his mood went downhill ever since he returned from wherever he was with Rafael a few minutes ago. It's none of my business but I was worried for him. I hated the fact that I was starting to feel comfortable with them.

I just didn't like seeing him like that. Toby and Liam always made me laugh whenever I was upset. "Is there a problem Liam?" I asked softly.

"Yes there is." He screamed all of a sudden, taking a step away from me. "I like you. A lot. And I shouldn't. That's the problem. Are you happy now?"