CH A P T E R 30

30 | Action Movies Help

"All set." Toby mouthed.

He was backed up against the wall in front of us while Liam and Oliver were positioned at the north and east exit respectively and Rafael and I were in his car hidden in the darkness of night.

It was the day. 'Mission steal annoying Zanetti's drugs'.

I still can't believe I was living this moment. We were at some abandoned construction sight where according to Rafael's intel Luca was going to exchange drugs with Viktor.

"How do I look?" I asked excitedly while we awaited our target.

"Like Lara Croft." Rafael snorted.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"Why are you so dramatic?" He scowled.

"I was born this way." I did a hair flip and he banged his head over the steering.

And he calls me dramatic.

"Listen Vittoria." His charcoal eyes met mine with a severe intensity as he firmly held the back of my neck. "This is gonna be very dangerous. If required, you'll use the gun without hesitation. Do not think twice before killing anyone if they try to hurt you. Is that clear?"

The way he said it scared the hell out of me. I gulped in vexation. Suddenly this felt like a bad idea.

"Hey, don't worry senorita." He chuckled, caressing my cheek. "I won't let anything happen to you. You don't need to be afraid of anyone apart from yourself since you're carrying a gun."

Such. A. Mood. Killer!

"Fuck off." I pushed him away, annoyed.

Bless his black leather jacket that's making him look so mouthwatering otherwise I'd have shot him already.

"All jokes apart, you're not leaving this car." He instructed.

"What? No!"

I'd rather be safe with them out there than being alone here.

"No further argument Vittoria. These things are not for you."

"Why? Because I'm a girl?" I spat. "You hear that Chelsea?" I screamed, looking up at the starless night sky. "What? You want me to kick his ass? Oh I wholeheartedly will!"

He was about to answer me back but was stopped mid sentence. His hands reached up to his earpiece as he carefully listened to it.

"Alright, they're here. Stay inside. I repeat, stay inside. Is that understood Vittoria?" He opened the door to jump out and my heart went wild. I was scared. For him.

"Be careful Rafael." My voice barely came out as a feeble whisper.

He came back, grinning and crashed his lips with mine passionately. I didn't know how much I had missed him until he kissed me. All the fear dissipated magically. At that moment it was just him with his mouth doing wicked things to me.