C H A P T E R 23

23| Oceanside Stroll And Spilling Secrets

"Five more minutes. Please." I whined, pulling the duvet over my head.

"No means no, Vittoria." Rafael snatched it away. It was his annoying way of waking me up.

I made fake crying sounds in my groggy morning voice, turned on my stomach and covered my head with the pillow. "I'm sad. Can't you be a little considerate."

"I've added up your five more minutes upto an hour. That's the most considerate I could ever be." He slapped my butt and I sprang up with a very embarrassing sounding yelp.

"Take the hint Mr Grayson. Your girlfriend is taking an off. Manage a day without her." I fell back on the bed.

He groaned in utter irritation. "I DID NOT sign up for this."

Nevertheless, Rafael I am the sworn enemy of Vittoria's sleep Grayson forced me to part with my much needed sleep and ordered me to get ready which I begrudgingly did.

I wore a strapped black blouse with a sky blue asymmetric skirt, the entire outfit chosen by Rafael even after a gazillion objections from my side.

I noticed he was wearing casuals. He paired a plain white tee with black denims.

"How do I look?" I twirled myself.

"Like a penguin." Mason snorted.

"Jeez, thanks! It worked wonders in calming my nerves."

"Mark my words kiddo, you'll get fired today itself if you don't put a control on that sarcastic tongue of yours."

"Wear this." He stretched out his hand. "White and grey is way better than this comic combination."

The memory replayed and my resolve to not shed a single tear anymore broke just like that. I promised myself I will try my best to move on. Life has to go on right? Looking at this drastic turn of reality I couldn't afford being weak and keep crying over Mason's death. I will have to look out for myself and be strong. It's what Mason would've wanted.

Rafael sat there quietly, giving me a moment before I recovered and wiped my tears away. He was in my room all the time while I was getting ready. "This is really very awkward, Rafael."

"What is awkward?" He creased his brows like he really didn't get that.

"This! You staring at me like a creep while I get ready."

He simply shrugged. "Get used to it, señorita."

Huh? What?

I sighed. "Look Rafael-"

"Then you'll complain about me staring at you like a creep. Why don't you decide first if you want me to look at you or not." He cut me off.

I flumped down on the bed, dejected. "It's barely been thirty minutes with you and I'm tired already." I tossed a pillow at him.