C H A P T E R 51

51 | Complications Of Stupid Feelings

"This wasn't needed." I twisted my face at my photo as a choco chip muffin.

"Shut up. It's cute...muffin." Oliver smiled, putting up the final photo on the wall.

As I wanted, the wall was adorned with a plethora of photographs decorated around the wooden carving which read FAMILY. It had everyone– mom, dad, Mr and Mrs Andress, that dork Mason, grandpa Ollie, Tobo, idiot Liam and an unwanted choco chip muffin.

Only Rafael was missing.

"What do you think?" Oliver grinned, admiring our work.

"It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. You have no idea how it feels like to have a family. It's like I belong somewhere." There were no words to explain the happiness.

"I'll tell you something?" He settled down on the grey rug, resting his back on the edge of the bed.

"Go ahead." I sat next to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Your uneven hair looks funny, Ava." He chuckled.

My mind reeled back to that conversation. I tried hard to stop the tears but they rebelliously flowed out.

"Hey, why are you crying sweetheart?" He caressed my head.

"I don't know."

"That's funny." He laughed.

"I'm sorry about Ariel."

"I liked her, yes. But I wasn't in love with her. Stop dramatizing the situation." He made a funny face and I broke into a fit of laughter.

"Oh no! Do that again." I giggled.

"Nope!" He turned away dramatically.

"Come on! I want to take a picture. Please."

He hid his face in his palms seeing my phone in front of his face. I absolutely enjoyed troubling him.

"I still can't believe you three musketeers tried setting me up. That was such a shitty plan by the way."

"I know right." I snapped my fingers. "I said the exact same thing and you know what those two cute but stupid looking french boys said?"

"What?"

"They said we siblings may have all the IQ but we lack the RQ. That's an insult."

"Woah! Calm down, dear sister. Next thing I know you'd be making a dash for their rooms with an intention to kill them. Literally." He said, holding a hand over his chest.

"I'm too innocent for committing such an act."

"Oh please." He scoffed. "You did that less than twenty four hours ago. No but really, what were you thinking while charging towards Luca's building?"