C H A P T E R 07

07|Esztar

"That son of a bitch

"That son of a bitch." Rafael roared in absolute aggression, slamming the empty closet.

He was gone.

Mason was gone.

Leaving me alone.

I lay there inert on the floor, still processing all of it. Rafael violently yanked me up by my arm. He had already left a bruise there when he held me the exact same way on my first day in the office.

"I'll find that bastard even from the deepest pits of hell. And trust me señorita I'll torture him in a way no one could even fucking imagine." He sneered, his words burning against my cheek.

"Rafael you're hurting me." I pleaded. My words could barely be heard. I couldn't take it anymore.

"I'll do that right in front of your eyes." He tightened his grip on my arm. I doubt he even heard me. He was possessed by his fury.

"Rafael please." I cried, trying to wiggle away but it only caused more pain.

"And I'm so going to enjoy it." He let go with a harsh jerk. My frail body collapsed on the bed.

"Why are you hurting me? What's my fault in this?"

He jolted out of his trance, stumbling back at my crumpled sight. As if finally realizing what he had done, his darkened eyes went back to their original shade. "Fuck." He ran a hand through his hair and took a step towards me to help me up.

"Don't you dare come near me."

He stared at me blankly for a second before turning his back to me.

I began foraging Mason's room in hopes of finding anything that could help me to reach to him. Hurt didn't even seem to justify what I'm feeling right now. And above all, I just can't understand what was going on. This is very unlike Mason. I refuse to believe a person who didn't leave me even for a minute could abandon me like this. But then again he did.

Rafael joined me in the hunt. We didn't utter a word, just silently kept looking around the room for something or anything for that matter.

"What are all these paintings Miss Andress?" He asked, holding up a box of portraits.

"Mason loved to paint." I answered briefly.

"This one's beautiful."

I looked up and found my portrait. Tears welled at the bottom of my eyes but I pushed them aside. Not replying to him, I continued searching the drawers. I found nothing important. Just some normal random stuff like books, boxing gloves and paint brushes.

"Vittoria?"

"What is it? Can't you get the hint? I don't want to talk to you"

"Do you have a twin sister?" His eyebrows creased in genuine doubt.