C H A P T E R 10

10| Unfolding of Events

"Authier."

I tasted Toby and Liam's last name on my lips. "It sounds so..." I couldn't find the exact words to describe it.

"French." Toby supplied.

"Yes. That's the word."

I was sitting here in the kitchen, stuffing my sadness away with the mouth watering pancakes made by him. We were chatting for about an hour now about anything and everything. Toby and Liam were very easy to talk to. It's like if I had any friends, they'd be like them.

I got to know so much about them. Among the two, Liam was the official Member of Esztar because he is elder by three minutes and forty six seconds according to Toby. They both were twenty two, just like me while Oliver was twenty seven and that jerk was twenty five. These four are the only family they have. Guess that explains why they are all so close to each other. Oh and I even got to know Toby plays guitar and he's gonna teach me too!

"Good morning." A silky voice floated in the comfortable quietness, distorting it with his presence.

"It was good until now." I mumbled under my breath, getting off from the kitchen stool. I didn't even want to be on the same planet as him.

"Did you say something Miss Andress?" He stopped me. I closed my eyes to stop myself from killing him and opened them back to glare daggers at him.

"I said it was good until now. Until I saw your face. Happy?" I tried wiggling away but have I ever been successful in doing so? He continued staring into my eyes. It was weird.

"What now? Are you going to punish me again for talking back to you? How are you going to do it? Oh wait I have a nice idea. Take this." I pulled out a knife from its stand. "Go ahead, stab me and satisfy your sadist ego if you feel like your word's aren't enou-"

The foul taste of my bitter words was replaced by a heavenly taste of cheese when he rammed the piece of cheese into my mouth like he had done with the chocolate.

"You talk a lot Miss Andress. It's too early to torture my ears." He remarked.

"You really need to stop doing this Rafael." I spat.

"No I won't. And be careful señorita. Don't say I didn't warn you." He took a step closer, invading my personal space. "Next time I'll shove the sausage into that pretty mouth of yours."

I stood there gaping, trying to figure out how does that qualify as a threat. Then I saw Toby roll onto the ground, clutching his stomach from laughing so rigorously and that's when it dawned on my stupid slow brain.

My eyes went dangerously wide when I registered the dirty meaning of his words. Let's not even talk about the color of my face. "Get away." I pushed him away, and literally ran away from there in embarrassment.