C H A P T E R 38

38 | How I Used His Kindness

I blankly stared are the screen of the burner phone for what felt like years like it would make me feel any good

I blankly stared are the screen of the burner phone for what felt like years like it would make me feel any good. I didn't like what I was doing. But desperate times call for desperate measures.

The small device buzzed, jolting me out of my thoughts. The screen flashed Luca's message which came instantly.

Smart girl.

I have my conditions. If you can't agree to it then this deal is off.

Go ahead.

No one should get killed.

A cheating guardian angel huh? Interesting, tesoro. Agreed.

What do you want me to do?

I just need the gold consignment in my hands. Get me the print of their game plan. A piece of paper. That's all I need.

How do I hand it over to you?

Place it in the same drawer of your workplace where you found this phone. It will reach me.

Consider it done.

Your turn. How do you plan on taking your revenge?

Change in plans. I just want to escape.

What's my role?

I want you to arrange a plane ticket for me. I'm leaving the country. I don't care where but far away from here. Tomorrow is the best chance to escape.

Alright. Don't worry, I'll get few of my men to help you run away.

I hope you honor your promise.

A deal is a deal, tesoro.

My heart rate picked up pace with every tick of the clock as I impatiently waited for the clock to strike 3 AM. I'm assuming that's the best hours to complete my task.

Three more hours to go.

I tried thinking about the most useless of all topics like barefoot shoes and ropeless skipping rope. No use, none. My mind kept rewinding to the decision I had made.

There's no doubt they'll kill me if I get caught. Even Rafael will show no mercy. There are no exceptions in Esztar. I remember he had killed Toby and Liam's parents.

But I couldn't stay here prisoner to Rafael's will. I can't run away from the truth. I was afraid of him. He was  no longer the same person I fell in love with. He had changed. Or maybe he was always that way and I failed to notice.

Tomorrow's the day. I'll be free. Finally.

Once I leave the country, I'll further run away to some other place. I don't want any of these mafias to know my whereabouts.