EPILOGUE II.

Namjoon had gradually noticed the change in Seokjin as the day progressed. He had realized his husband was unusually quiet, weirdly dodging direct eye contact with him. It wasn't anything worrying, but it did nag a little at him that something might have been a miss, or something wasn't particularly right. It could have all been in his head, and he could as well have been imagining it, so he refrained from asking, knowing well he had been away for a few days, and Seokjin might have still been feeling a type of way about it.

He didn't think Seokjin was mad at him, more of; a little upset with him for having worried him so much, so he had taken it upon him to try to explain how the trip had actually unfolded. They had spent their afternoon cuddling out to sleep in the sound of the midday rain, sharing languid kisses whenever they would drift out the slumber, and delicately holding each other like they had missed the previous days.

Jeonghan had been occupied with his new toys, and aside from the occasions when Seokjin had left to feed him, shower him and play with him he had otherwise been in bed besides a tired Namjoon, equally looking tired for some reason.

Seokjin had listened attentively to him as he unfolded the events from the previous days, humming in acknowledgement and occasionally asking questions, but he had otherwise kept to himself, just strangely letting Namjoon do all the talking.

Namjoon was slightly worried that the other didn't particularly share with him how their days had been, it was a bit alarming that he hadn't been eager to tell the details considering how clingy he always got whenever they reunited. Seokjin was strangely calm, oddly just observing him with these heart eyes, longing and knowing. There was something about the way he looked at Namjoon that made the CEO question what it was that was going on in his head. He was just observant, occasionally staring off into nothingness, almost like he was spacing out, but listening nonetheless.

It made Namjoon squirm in his skin, made him question his every move, so that evening when they arrived at Solar's home, he pulled the other aside from the busy parking, gently cupping his cheeks.

"Baby, what's wrong? Are you still mad at me?" Right away he could hear how desperate he sounded, something in his voice that made Seokjin worried as well. "Of course not, why would you think that? Seokjin replied back, confused as to why his husband would assume that. He wasn't aware of how dodgy he had been, how plainly obvious he gave himself away by being in his world.

"Because you won't look me in the eyes, baby, what did I do wrong?" Namjoon pleaded for an answer, trying to keep his voice down from the little crowds of people who were entering the home. Seokjin hadn't meant to make him feel that way, he didn't even know he had been avoiding eye contact with his husband. The nagging at the back of his head had unknowingly thrown him off track, and when he was supposed to be happy and delighted with Namjoon, he was getting in his head again, thinking and thinking.

"Joon-ah -" He made to tell him otherwise, to tell him he was reading it all wrong, and that he wasn't mad at him, not in the slightest, but Solar chose that exact same time to appear, swinging open the door in a surprise manner, catching them off guard. Namjoon had to let Seokjin go, turning to the birthday girl who in turn waited for them to take in her outfit, doing a full spin while she shined out a smile, clearly happy to be in thee dress.

"It fits." She beamed, rushing over to give the two a hug. "You look beautiful." Seokjin commented, awe struck, proud of their work.  "All because of you. Nobody could ever make me feel this wonderful in a dress." She praised, gawking over herself in satisfaction, once more admiring the dress Seokjin and her had put together over the past few weeks.

It was a maroon one shoulder floral print dress with a free canopy that flowed over her legs. A thigh high slit rested on her opposite hip, showing off her lean beautiful legs, nicely done nails peeking through her four inch heels. Her nude make up complimented her face, her new blond hair combed nicely behind her ears. She looked beautiful, she looked happy, everything that Seokjin wanted for her on a day like this, and he didn't hesitate as he brought her into another tight hug, wishing her a teary happy birthday.