CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN.

Hoseok.

He can't be in here, he shouldn't, it's wrong. It was wrong the first time, and the numerous times after that. We agreed, we already came to a consensus, and he can't be in here.
"You promised. You promised me we'd stop, what are you doing in here Kook?" Finally pushing off his arms, I stalk to the other side of the room, running a stressful hand through my hair, and avoiding his eyes, his needy but timid eyes.

He can't need me, he can't want me, we are past that, he's getting married.

"You need to go back home. You shouldn't have come."

"I know, Hobi. I just wanted a breather, a place to cool my head." I want to scream at him that it isn't here, that he can't cool off his head here, but he is visibly upset, shaking a bit and looking like a lost puppy. They probably had a falling off again with Seokjin, and I have a pretty good idea why.

I knew he would fall angry the moment Namjoon walked out of that elevator with Seokjin, I knew he'd lose himself in that rage of his, and he'd end up a mess, but I didn't think he'd show up at my door like that, nonchalantly, like it was normal for him, us. He can't do that, especially now that he is getting married.

"I just want to stay for a while before I go back, just to get myself together." I am too caught up in thoughts, and I fail to see him advance closer, or perhaps I do, but I don't have the heart to stop him. "Don't send me away, please. You know I can't go anywhere else other than here." Oh, he can't guilt trip me like that, he can't say that, knowing well I wouldn't be able to resist him.

I should keep the distance, make him a room, or tell him to get comfortable on the couch, but I find myself rooted on, now in his arms. He holds me close as he pulls me to him once more, and I can't resist his embrace, his touch and how delicate and rigid he is at the same time.

He presses my forehead to his, and I close my eyes, inhaling his scent. "We can't anymore, Kookie." I whisper and he nods, but his actions speak differently as he tilts my head up and capture my lips and almost like I hadn't had resolve to even begin with, my lips mold onto his just as needy, and just as wrong.

I know it's wrong, I know this is the worst thing I could ever do to a friend, but I can't help myself, I can't ever resist Jungkook, he's my biggest flaw, my biggest mistake, yet my biggest desire. He's everything I want. My best friend's fiance.
Oh, how did I get here you ask?
Through lust, through desire, and most importantly, through love.

I am dignified person, I am principled and I care about the people close to me. I value them with my life, especially my best friend, but this, this Jungkook... he's defied every line that I have, he's made me cross boundaries that I didn't even think were possible to cross, and although I feel like the worst person ever for doing this Seokjin, I feel alive too, I feel things that I've never felt before, things I shouldn't, and absolutely shouldn't feel for my boss, and best friend's fiance.

He heaves me into his arms and my legs wrap around his waist naturally, body pressing into his as he leads me to my room, one he's too familiar with.

If someone told me that seven year later I would be doing this with Jungkook, I would not believe it, but oddly, I wouldn't deny it either.

The first time I saw Jungkook in person, was the day after he had picked a heartbroken Seokjin from Gwanju, he had spent the night at Jin's apartment, and Solar and I had gone to check on the latter, only to be met with Jungkook at the doorstep. I remember clearly how shirtless he had been, sculpted and built. He had had this innocent face, yet a sexy look in it. I remember clearly how my heart had threatened to break from me. It was the first time I'd ever seen and felt something as such.