CHAPTER FORTY THREE.

Seokjin.

"Help! Help! Someone help!"

"We are in between floors, no one is going to hear you, or your gonna need to try a lot harder than that."

"No shit." The irritated reply smoothly rolls off my lips, and his nonchalant attitude just pisses me off more. I don't know what's worse, that I am stuck in an elevator with him, or that he doesn't care that we are going to plummet to our deaths any moment from now. After finding out we were actually stuck in this crumped space, Namjoon had tried the door with his huge muscles, but had quickly given up calling the task useless. He had resorted to his phone, and mine, but soon enough we both realized the signal wasn't even enough to send a text.

Just more of our dumb luck.

Panicked, I tried calling for help physically, but we also found out we were in between floors, and the phone situated for emergency, doesn't exactly work. God, I can't believe I paid people to work on this. Twice. I am getting my money back, or someone is getting sued.

"Help. Anyone? Hello?" Fuck, this isn't how I thought I would go, so frightened and feeling so small. Without a final word to my friends and family, my son...

The thought makes me sick, and although I don't want to be pessimistic, there is a real chance we are going to be torn flesh any moment from now.

"We are not going to die." Namjoon speaks from where he is leaning onto the mirror. He has taken off his coat, now thrown out on the floor, and he has his shirt buttons undone halfway, his impressive chest muscles showing from the open fabric.

I look way.

"Oh yeah, how do you know? " I counter, going back to my worries.

"I watch a lot of movies. Someone is going to find us, and we'll go through the hatch on the roof or something. Or maybe if you want to Charlize Theron out of here, then we can climb our way out." He amuses, obviously joking, which still baffles, given the situation. I know deep down he is trying to lighten the mood and keep me from my thoughts, but I just can't right now, not with us dangling in the air, and the thought of my son and my fiance being on their own ringing at the back of my head.

"Glad to hear you bet our lives based on a film you saw." I reply, getting back to the task - which is asking for help. We've been stuck hear for thirty minutes or so, which by the way has felt like hours, and continue to with the thought of us being at risk of death.

I feel Namjoon's eyes on me, scrutinizing, and searching, and all of it just makes me want to teleport out of here, out of his sight and his knowing gaze. "Help!" I continue to cry, getting desperate, and getting in my head, the emotions are starting to kick in, and the reality of it is starting to daunt.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Jin."

"What?" I scream, turning around at his persistent calling, barely holding my tears at bay. "Your claustrophobic, if you continue to panic, this space with only get smaller." He states in observation, knowing and in memory. It's been seven years yet he remembers that about me, so clearly yet I only mentioned it once, back then. Nonetheless, the irritation is there, the thought of him still knowing so much about me.

"Oh what do you know?" I reply, feeling provoked, yanking at my tie, I take off my coat as well, feeling the heat in this space progressively rise, mentally perhaps, but still. "Some things don't change about a person. Years down and you can still read it from them like an open book." It's just his words, the things he says and how he says them. He just leaves me thinking twice whenever they sink, and the reflection always comes out in many ways other than what he means. I hate that like before, his eyes still hold that power, that weird ability to make me want to spill every last thought, every last word, secret...