CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE.

Namjoon.

"He looks so happy." Seokjin comments besides me, an equally happy smile resting on his face, and I couldn't agree more. Jeonghan looks cheerful, the happiest I have seen him in forever. He looks to be delighted, his gums full on display as he laughs for the nth time this evening, looking cute in his pajamas.

He shields himself, or rather tries to as my dad tickles his sides, the bubbly sound of laughter from the four of them filling the room. It makes my heart flutter, makes me incredibly happy to see him jovial, enjoying himself with his grandparents, who in turn know, and already love him. It feels like the best gift Seokjin could have ever given me, or my parents for that matter.

Leaning back on the recliner by the porch, I place a kiss on Jin's forehead, knowing well it wouldn't have been possible without him. "All thanks to you." I tell him, to which he hums lowly, curling up beside me before leaning his head on my shoulder. His palm rests on my chest, drawing seemingly soothing circles over my fleece, eyes trained past the living room window, watching fondly as the others continue to play more games.

He had been worried before arrival, making up scenarios of how it would unfold to meet our parents. He wasn't particularly scared of the actual meeting, he was just nervous about finally introducing Jeonghan to my parents. We had prior told them of our son's existence, and the story surrounding everything, but the actual meeting with them had been worrying him.

My mum and dad had been pretty forthcoming with this, and despite the initial shock, they had been open enough to understand, to take time and internalize the magnitude of it. It was overwhelming to suddenly have a grandson, one that was their flesh and blood, but it was undeniable that they were just as excited. Whatever they were bound to think and hope, non of it would have changed the fact that it had already happened, that the past had unfolded this way, and that this was our present now.

Thankfully, they had been receiving, and at first sight of Jeonghan, they had both been ridden in shock, before joyful greetings, hugs and kisses had followed. I still remember earlier when we had arrived, how Seokjin had gone down on his knees in a full bow, he had been adamant about giving an apology to my parents, despite it being unnecessary.

Of course my parents hadn't let him  blame himself, especially my mother who vividly remembered him from back then. They felt that Seokjin was just as wronged, and he had been equally robbed of the chance to share Jeonghan with our family, so he needed not to apologise. It had turned into a sobbing hour as my mother had fallen emotional again, even further at the sight of Jeonghan, something that had triggered Jeonghan to start crying as his Appa had been crying too.

No introductions needed to be made, none of it necessary with our son, being an embody of his Appa and myself. He looked a lot liked his grandma too, something my mother takes serious pride in now.

Jeonghan had immediately found his footing in the new environment, and he had naturally fallen in step with my parents. He was surprisingly thrilled to know he had grandparents now, and had thoroughly exercised his right to call them with that name. He had spent the whole afternoon following them around, clinging to my dad to the farms, driving around in the truck with him, feeding and riding the horses, chasing the chickens, eating the fresh fruits, the fresh honey, riding the little bicycles, and just generally experiencing something new.

He had been fascinated about being in the countryside, and it had made me happy that he liked so much the place Taehyung and I had grown up. He couldn't stop talking about how grandma was pretty, young and beautiful, or about how her cooking was marvelous, always his sly self, something my mum couldn't resist. Jeonghan had immediately gotten on her favourite side, no doubt taking over Taehyung's post as the youngest and the cutest.