CHAPTER THIRTY TWO.

Namjoon.

A not so subtle reminder of possession lingers in his eyes as he looks at me. It's clear in his gesture - large hand resting visibly on the small of his back as they walk to us. Somehow I can't keep my eyes off them, of him to be specific. How is it even possible to be more beautiful. How does he look this ethereal after seven years, how is he real, yet so unbelievable at the same time.

Joy can't keep her excitement beside as she spots the couple, gushing over, and fangirling like she always does when she reads the tabloids and the recent news on them. Engaged, they all say the two are, in love, and amongst the top adored korean couple. It just fails to register for me every time, it's incomprehensible, difficult to take. How? How did this happen? Seven years down the line and I am still speechless, short of answers, and lost of direction.

I knew our paths would cross one way or another in this life, I had vowed to myself to meet him face to face in this life again, and in it I had always prepared a speech, a few words I would want to say at first sight. But seeing him this up close earlier in the conference room, I just blanked, my mind just emptied, and the world just came to a still.

I couldn't form words, I couldn't fathom that it was actually him. I had followed him out to the bathroom to make a start, to begin over and say the words I wanted to say, the ones I thought I could, but again, the sight of him, so close and so real had taken away my every word, every thought. It was just me and him, and every memory from before that was swirling around us at that moment.

Even now, I doubt I could say anything if given the chance. His presence is too surging, too overwhelming. Apparently, he has been to our company numerous times, always scheduled to meet with the executives, which includes me, but coincidentally, I have always been out on other businesses during these meetings. I've heard talk about KSJ partnering with our company, and I've seen the papers and been part of the project, but not once did I imagine the real face behind everything had set foot physically at our company. Despite knowing KSJ was owned by the two, I didn't think they had been to our company. To my knowledge, they would have sent someone, or rather people for that.

I missed at least three chances to meet him in person, not that that mattered, seeing as I had known he was in Korea for a while now and didn't do anything about it. Mostly because of the man that is beside him now, he is taken, he has been since we separated. My intentions to see Seokjin are more than just to talk to him, they ran deeper than that, but they are impossible because of who he is now, he has moved on, he is a new person, engaged, and every stupid fantasy or even slight thought that I might have brewed in my head, is completely useless.

I am not sure how long I stare at Seokjin, and I am not sure if he sees, or pretends not to like earlier, but I am interrupted by our own CEO speaking, and of course the eyes that are fixated on me from beside Seokjin. I get the sense that Mr Jeon knows me, and he is aware of my past with his fiance now, and I don't think he likes it very much, or the dynamics of everything surrounding this.

We work together now, closer than I could have ever thought I would be to him ever, and I don't think that fact is greatly appreciated. From the looks of it, the two probably didn't know I was in this project, or worked with BigHit at all. I am not surprised that is so, I try to keep a low personal profile, more prominent with the name of RM. As far as anyone knows, I am probably just some producer, and music enthusiast, which is true...

"Thank you for having us today, we had a good time and we are sure the boys are in safe hands." Yoongi speaks beside his father, bowing to the two before us. "Pleasure is all ours, we appreciate you guys stopping by, and we are so excited to work with the boys." Seokjin says with a smile, beautiful, yet different at the same time. Mr Jeon nods beside him, bringing Seokjin closer with an arm around his waist.