CHAPTER FIFTY SIX.

Seokjin.

Solar snickers beside me, that type of laugh that comes out just seconds before you turn mad, sour and angry, and I have to hold her hand and prevent her from launching onto Jungkook, because god knows she would do it.
"You really have some nerve showing your face here." She says, scratching the back of her head, still itching to claw at Jungkook.

I don't know what Jungkook is doing here, I made it clear that it would only be Jeonghan and me for this play date, and if he thinks showing up here unannounced, like a surprise kind of a thing - is a good trick to get me back, just because he is doing it in front of my son, then he is in for a rude awakening.

I don't want to disturb the kids or alert them of anything, so I casually step outside, pulling Solar with me, and closing the door behind us. "What are you doing here Kook?" I ask incredulously, a little angry at whatever reason he would have to budge in on my time like this. He looks at me hesitantly, apologetically, his red rimmed eyes welling with tears, and despite the ache that bubbles in my chest at the sight of him so broken and torn, I can't find it in myself to show him any pity. He looks weary, tired, like he hasn't gotten any sleep, which wouldn't surprise me because I don't think he came home last night, but a part of me, a stubborn part of me won't allow me to feel anything other than the pain that he's caused me.

"Can I talk to you?"

"And you think this is the best place for that, you thought you'd ambush me here, so I would say yes?" I reprimand, but he doesn't seem faced, if anything he only shrinks further in himself, his disheveled appearance the least of concerns as he breaks out a sob.

Jungkook has always been strong, in front of me at least, and to see him just breaking a part like that, so easily, and painfully, makes me worry. He can't be faking it, not this kind of emotion, and I shift on my feet, glancing at Solar whose equally surprised but nonetheless unfazed

"I -its not about us, it's..." He pauses, pursuing his lips, glancing up at me, almost defeated, and I have half a mind to comfort him. "I don't know what to do."  He cries again, and I am as confused as anyone can be, not sure he still referring to our situation.

"I know what you should do?" Solar let's out sassily beside me, rolling his eyes, but we don't get to hear the other part of it, as the familiar car from earlier, opens up, and I realize just why I seemed to recognize it. It's Namjoon's, and he gingerly walks out of it, looking around before his eyes halt at the scene on Solar's front door.

I did allow him an invite, I owe him that much, and I ought to meet my end of the promise, but this isn't the best scene, not with Jungkook here, and not with things seeming like this.

I unconsciously tense in my shoes, not sure what to expect with these two, or even how to behave with both my kid's father standing in one spot.
Jungkook turns his head to meet Namjoon, narrowing his eyes at the man, confused for a second before he turns to me, doing the same, the wheels in his head silently turning.

"You told him about Jeonghan." It's a statement, a revelation, more to himself than us, and we all catch it, including Namjoon who is yet to say a word, silently reeling in anger, if his clenched jaw is anything to go by. I don't think this is what he expected to be met with when he left his business to come here, and I completely understand his anger, walking in on Jungkook, who he harbours more than hatred for.

"I am still Jeonghan father as well, you could have at least told me." He's right, I can't deny that, but he didn't give me time, or the opportunity to share with him that information, because he was busy eloping with my best friend, having the time of their lives in my cottage home, pleasing themselves to niceties, so he has no right, absolutely non to demand a place, when he didn't care about it, or the kid he left behind.