CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Namjoon.

I open the door to my apartment to be hit by the smell of nice food. It engulfs the whole room, a mixture of different spices that makes my mouth water. I am guessing Seokjin has been busy, most probably preparing dinner.

"Joon?" He comes into the living just as I lock the door, my apron, which I haven't used in ages, around his neck. "Are you ok, I was starting to get worried about you." He says, his face genuinely concerned. I can't help think he looks a lot like his mother, he is so beautiful, like a mirror male version of her. Yet so different with everything else.

"Yeah, I am alright." I reply, putting blue down, she runs to Jin immediately, nuzzling at his feet. "Oh yeah? You were gone for long, did something happen?" Something did happen, a lot happened, and I want to tell him, I just don't know how to begin. His gaze isn't pressuring, not at all, but internally it's a little compelling, like he could tell there actually is something.

"I guess we went further than I thought, I really missed being outside, I think blue did too." He smiles a little at the dog, resisting the urge to pet her since he is still cooking. "Ok then, I am making dinner, I hope you don't mind that I am using your kitchen."  He says as he walks back to where he came from, I follow closely, feeling the after effects of walking for long on my wounded side. I put on a smile, not wanting to worry him further.

"I think someone needed to use it, otherwise rust would start settling on everything." He laughs at my response, I can't blame him, I haven't touched a lot of stuff in this kitchen, sometimes I even forget they are here. Instant noodles is all I eat when I am home, maybe fry an egg once in a while, but that's about it, the only time I get proper food is when I am out with my construction friends, and we go out to lunch or dinner.

"Why don't you cook when your alone?"

"I don't really have a lot time." I lie, but he seems to know so, a smile stretches on his lips before he narrows his eyes at me. "You don't know how to cook, do you?"

"That's one way to put it." He laughs again, a smile staying on his lips as he goes ahead to check the steaming pot on the stove. "Well, lucky for you, my slightly average cooking skills might feed us tonight."

"What are you making?" I ask to which he sighs with a smile, "not a lot, just some spaghetti, and meat, and there is cut corn with a avocado and lettuce for salad..." He pauses for a second before looking at me. "...you want some?" He asks, teasing. Of course I want some, I haven't had a good home cooked meal in a while, and I could use some.

"You must really know how to cook." I comment, sitting down on one of the chairs, and watching him move around in the kitchen. He hums along, bringing out a couple of unused plates and bowls from the cupboard. His movements are careful, graceful, a little twist in his hips as he walks around. I stare dumbly at his figure, entranced by how he actually does look good in everything.

"I learnt early on when I was young. My mum didn't cook a lot, but hated ordering too, so she had a chef at home, who I always nagged to teach me." The mention of his mother does bring me to earlier, and I can see why Miss Soojin wouldn't have time for something like that. She is an iron woman, and time must be of precious essence to her, cooking wouldn't fit with everything else that's important. I want to ask Seokjin if he cooked for his mum at times, but I have a feeling I already know the answer.

"I learnt a lot from him, almost everything I know about food now." He states putting down the plates. Like one of those kids who are raised by their butlers, or nannies, so he sounds. This seems like a good time to tell him about his mother earlier, I don't want to keep it from him, but I don't know if it's a good thing to tell either.