CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT.

Seven years later.

Jungkook.

"It looks the same, right?"

"No it doesn't?" He glances, no, glares at me, rather cutely, before drawing out a long sigh, hands going out to his waisted sassily. "It's all your fault, we should have just bought it from the shop. It would have saved us the time...and this mess." He motions with a finger to the flour covering the counters and the kitchen floors, and the obvious mess of an attempt at chocolate cake that is barely holding together. 

"C'mon, it's not that bad, it's looks edible...if we cut out the burnt parts." He stares at me for a second, before busting over in giggles, his flour covered hands clutching at his stomach. Of course he finds humor in this. It's a fail. When I asked him if he wanted to bake a chocolate cake for dessert tonight, he bluntly said I knew nothing about baking, and in my quest to prove him wrong, and need to do a fun activity with him today, I might have lied a little bit about my kitchen skills. Now it is showing.  "Your so done." He lets out as he calms down from his laughter. Tilting his head to get a look at the cake, then scrunching his nose slightly at the visible damage. 

"Well, shit."

"Daaaad...." He scolds immediately, eyes widening slightly at forbidden word. "My bad, shouldn't have said that." I apologise, smiling at him before ruffling his hair with a dirty hand, smoothly trying to get him back for making fun of my cake earlier. He groans, I am sure it's accompanied with an eye roll, one I can't see as he turns on his heels to walk out of the kitchen. He returns only seconds later with a jar, half way filled with shinny pennies, and a few other small objects, that I can't make out properly, but are probably of value, for leverage purposes I assume. He stretches his hands in front of him, thrusting the jar in my direction, but keeping a hold on it.

It's my turn to groan at him, rolling my eyes away as I search my pockets. I am half covered in flour, and butter, and a bit of eggs so I don't feel half bad as I fish into my pants with a dirty hand. "I don't have a penny." I reply, feeling my back pockets. He doesn't seem to care as he raises a brow, pushing the jar even closer to me. "That's, ok. You can just pay in with a note."

"Nice try." I reply, catching onto what he is doing. He is sleek, but I am older, and experienced. I've played this before, I invented this. I know it was my idea to get everyone to watch their language around him, but I am starting to think he is taking the swear jar way seriously than I thought he would. He has been policing around, making sure to receive a penny for every bad word he hears. Small objects of value if you don't have a coin, or better yet, a note if you don't have either.

Maybe it's because I said he could buy a new toy with what he collects, or maybe he is just a typical kid who is excited to catch people doing wrong, but either way, a tiny part of me -other than the part that is proud of him for keeping toes with this task, - a tiny part of me is tired of paying up, or rather getting caught. Admittedly, half of everything in there is from me, I have contributed the most, alongside Jisung, my driver, who has been under my influence but is now learning to reform just like I am. His Appa is surprisingly good at this, and has only have to pay once, twice at most, or maybe he has only been caught those few times. Unfair if you ask me.

"Alright fine, I'll pay with a note, but just for today. That's the last of my bad words too." I say dropping in a bill, not sure if I am trying to convince him or myself. He of course isn't swayed, if anything he looks almost sure he'll catch me within the next hour, scoffing. Kids these days.

"Ok, now you need to wash up before Appa gets here." I remind him, looking at the wall clock that only holds an hour before dinner. He looks up from his bowl, looking past me to the mess we made in the kitchen, then back up at me with his round eyes. "We don't have enough time." He exclaims. I love how he always switches from roasting me, to being my wingman, although right now I don't need him worrying about anything other than him, and all that...mess he has going on. I am starting to think pouring flour on him, especially on his hair, wasn't the best idea, although it was really fun at the moment.