CHAPTER TEN.

Seokjin.

"Why are you here?"

She doesn't frown at my straightforward question like I expect her to, if anything she smiles even wider, clutching her Tom Ford hand bag to her side now. "Jin-ah, that is no way to talk to your mother." I have a hard time recalling my relation to her when she says such things, mother?

"So now your a parent to me?" I can't help ask, I want to call her out on the rest of her apparent bullshit, but I already can't comprehend that she is here right now. She must want something again, she always does.

"Jin- ah, sweetie, don't be like that, I just want to talk, I came all the way." She smiles again, unusually nice, by now she would have flipped out by the mere question I asked earlier. "Invite me in?" She asks, but doesn't wait for a reply as he walks in, her heels clicking loudly into Namjoon's apartment. I am not sure it's ok for her to be in Namjoon's house without permission, I don't think it would be ok if it was my own house.

My mother's presence is always accompanied by something, something that doesn't always end well for me. Even back when I was in college, her arrival would signify trouble for me. But I don't have the heart to stop her, it wouldn't even be possible with the large bodyguard outside.

I realise I am still in the robe, my hair is still wet, and Namjoon isn't aware of what is going on in his apartment. I am about to tell my mum that this isn't the best place to talk, when Namjoon comes into the living room, still struggling to put on his t shirt. "Who is it?" He asks as he sees me, and I realise just how fucked I am.

I have given everything to hide my life from everyone, and here she is now, standing firm with an unreadable look in her eyes, eyeing Namjoon up and down. My heart beats erratically for two reasons. I know my mum won't miss the opportunity to scrutinize, judge and give her opinion on Namjoon, with or without his presence, and second, I don't know what Namjoon will think after this all, I am not even sure he is in for my mum being in here.

"Oh, sweetie, I didn't know you had someone over. I am sorry." Other than the fact that she couldn't announce her arrival by messaging or calling me, I know damn well she is not sorry, she wouldn't miss the opportunity to embarrass me. I look at Namjoon nervously, and he seems all confused, his eyes widen, and he looks back and forth at me and my mum. I guess he can tell the resemblance.

"Are you going to introduce us, son?" My mother asks from beside me, and I swallow, not really having another option. "Namjoon, this is my mum, mum, this is Namjoon, and he has me over, and not the other way round."  Namjoon sticks his hand out immediately for a handshake, my mother looks at it a bit, and I fear for a moment she would decline, like the numerous times she has, but she takes it, flashing her signature smile.

"Friends?" She asks Namjoon, and I jump in just as he goes to open his mouth. "He's my boyfriend, mum." I say, keeping my gaze on her, hoping it's enough signal for Namjoon to play along. Somehow the idea of being in a relationship seems like enough ground for me, one that would show her that I am ok, moving on without her help. Somehow I need to prove to her so. I am hoping she views it that way.

Her gaze fleets over Namjoon once more, and she looks back at me as she lets go of his hand. "Is that so?" It's more of an affirmative statement than  it is a question, I know all kinds of things are swirling in her head with the look her face takes. "It is."

She heaves a loud sigh, walking further into the apartment, and looking around. "That's not surprising, your taste in men, has always been, a little...how do I put this..." She wrings her hands together, adjusting her handbag up her arm before looking at me. "...Tasteless." It's plain insult, especially to my supposed boyfriend who is standing right beside me. But it's no news that she would say that, she has always been opinionated, deemed it her freedom of expression, even when it is offensive to others.