CHAPTER SIX

Seokjin.

I couldn't look him in the eyes when he woke up. Of course I wasn't shy, it was more of fear, or what he would say the moment he opened his mouth. Somehow I dreaded him being mad at me, angry at what had transpired the night before. It wasn't entirely my fault that he chose fight over flight with those guys, but it still nagged at me what he was likely to say.

When the nurse came in in the early hours in the morning to check on him, I was surprised to find out Namjoon had been awake for sometime, he had let me lie my head on the gurney, on our joined hands, silently. He hadn't said a lot when I appeared completely startled either, only weakly laughed and teased me about drooling on his sheets.

Thankfully Hoseok, Jackson, and Solar had showed just in time to save me from embarrassment, and the internal turmoil I was going through. The doctor had then checked him up and deemed him discharge worthy by the end of the day, or earlier if possible. I felt like there was a lot pending between us, things that I needed to say to him, and things that he needed to clarify to me, but I chose to keep my hazy mind busy that morning, put off the conversation for a bit, just until I was ready, and not looking like sleep deprived monster.

That brings me to right now, at the front door to Namjoon's apartment, where Jackson and I need to pick out some clothes for him, the previous ones not having been washed, serving as evidence. Jackson is rather quiet, he is different from how he always is on daily basis, you know; flirty and bubbly.

Today his bottom lip is right between his teeth, chewing away at the skin. His eyebrows are set in in worry, or maybe anger, I can possibly see why he would be mad, I'd be furious too if my best friend was stabbed my some hooligans. Which is why I am tempted to ask if him if he is ok, although I know he isn't, following the news.

Maybe I should have let Hoseok come along like he had suggested, maybe I wouldn't have to deal with knowing Jackson might be angry at me too. "You just gonna keep staring?" He asks as he opens the door to the apartment. I am brought out of my stupor, my cheeks reddening in embarrassment. "Sorry...you just-"

"Handsome? Yeah I hear that a lot. Come in." He concludes himself, welcoming me in. It's not what I wanted to say, but I'll go with that at the moment. Jackson looks familiar with the place, not at all intrigued as I am. Namjoon's apartment is surprisingly not a typical boy's den like I had expected. It's clean, and neatly arranged, and definitely bigger than mine, with possibly two bedrooms as opposed to my single one.

A black couch and a nice two deck glass coffee table adorns the living room. It's about everything that is in the square place, the remaining space kind of empty, except for a few pictures, the paintings on the wall, the plants by the window, and the stacks of boxes by the side, which might explain the absence of some essential stuff. The next room is the kitchen, which I don't get a chance to look at as Jackson calls out to me. "In here." He shouts and I walk down the hall to the other room, which I soon discover is the bedroom.

It's a completely different vibe in here, I am suddenly surrounded by posters of artists, mostly from the music industry, a shelf full of books, and what I assume are albums and merchandise. A medium sized bed sits in the middle, a desk beside it with a computer, headphones, recorders, and other equipment that I can't exactly decipher as Jackson clears his throat.

"He is kind of a music nerd. Pretty good at it?"

"He sings?" I can't help ask.

"He raps." Jackson clarifies with a smirk. I am even more intrigued by this revelation, and I look around again to the posters in the room, now seeing these well know rappers and of course a lot of others who I don't really know. "Can you pick him some clothes from the drawers over here while I ago water his plants before I forget again?" He points to the closet by the side, and I nod in agreement.