tattooed heart

"Ally, you're drunk," Austin laugh as he helps his best friend into their apartment. "Walk straight, Ally."

"You're drunk, tooooo," she slurs, laughing as she held on tightly to him. She smiles lazily at his bicep. "You're so strong."

"I am barely tipsy," he chuckles, dragging her through their nice sized apartment. Austin laughs as she nearly falls off a platform in their house. "Okay, let's try this."

Austin lifts the woman, making her laugh loudly. "Shhhh, we have neighbors," he hushes her as he brings her to her bedroom. Austin sets her down and helps steady her as she wobbles on her legs. "Get in bed, Ally. I'll take off your makeup for you. Where's your makeup wipes?"

Ally grins goofily at him as she grabs his hand. "I love you, Austinnn."

His heart flutters at that, but he drops it. He knew how Ally got when she was drunk. The girls says everything.

They had been best friends since high school. The two of them were literally inseparable. Even when they started college, they ended up at the same one.

She was currently in their third year and he dropped out after his first year to pursue a tattooing career, but that did nothing to their friendship. They were still as close as ever.

She didn't want to dorm this year and Austin's roommate moved out, so they figured why not share his space. It saved a lot of money and they actually enjoyed living together.

Truth to be told, though, as the years of them being together have progressed, so has their feelings. Well, his feelings at least. He liked Ally a lot. He wasn't sure if Ally liked him as well, but he didn't really care. It didn't matter. Ally was a target that he couldn't risk perusing.

"Mhm, Ally, that's nice," he sighs as bringing her over to her vanity. He sits her down while he's looking for her makeup wipes on the stand.

"They're in the little," she pauses her slurred voice to hiccup. "uh, the little drawer..."

Austin goes in the drawer she was gesturing to and pulls out the familiar pack of makeup wipes. He pulls her chair over to her bed so he could sit to take her makeup off.

As he swipes a wipe across her face, Ally drunkenly closes her eyes. "I like to use micellar water to take off my makeup."

"I don't know what that is, so we're gonna just use the wipes," he speaks, rubbing off her foundation. "Turn your head up."

She does is she's told and Austin has to hold her still so she doesn't fall back from the dizziness. "No man ever takes care of me like you do when I'm drunk."

"Well, I don't really let men go near you when you're drunk, so there's that," he responds, grabbing another wipe.

Ally smiles at him, bringing her head back down even though he isn't finished. "Because you love me."

"Mhm. Yes, Ally."

She grins, turning her head to the side of her swiped the makeup off her cheek. Ally gets a view of his tattoo sleeve that is poking from under the sleeve of his jacket. "I love your tattoos. They're sexy."

"Thank you, Ally," he says, trying to focus on getting her makeup off her eyes. His cheeks can't help the blush, though.

"If I weren't your best friend, would you hook up with me?"

For a second, that question sounds completely sober and completely real. Austin looks into her eyes, to which she was burning a stare into his. His face gets even hotter, but he ignores her and reaches her another wipe.