double date

Ally stares at her roommate like she's insane. "Absolutely not."

She had just been asked to go on a blind double date with her tonight. Usually, Ally was down for the adventure. She was a twenty-one year old college student, living in New York with a job of owning her own skincare line. Really, she loved living life to the fullest.

Only, after three and a half years, she had ended things with her ongoing cheating boyfriend. Yeah, he cheated about four times in their relationship, but she had a good reason to keep going back. You know, because she was in love.

He was her first boyfriend, so maybe she didn't know exactly what love was. The final straw was seeing a snapchat of him at a party, making out with her old dorm mate, after he said he had the flu. That's not even the worse part.

It was their anniversary.

Even though that was two months ago, she was still freshly putting her life back together. A man is the least of her worries.

Her roommate, Piper, frowns and comes around the kitchen counter to hug her. "Please, Ally? I like this boy so much."

Ally tried to move out of her embrace but fails. "No, Piper. Why can't he just take you by himself? We're adults."

"His friend is a new transfer at our school! We're just gonna show him around campus together and grab dinner after."

"No."

"You owe me," Piper nips, leaning on her hip. Ally does the same, irking her eyebrow in question. "I had to sit here and help you cope for a month and a half straight! I'm talking missing my potential soulmates just so I could be here when you cried."

Ally rolls her eyes. "First of all, that was your choice. Second, those were not potential soulmates. You were just looking for a hookup."

"Yeah, a hookup with the man from our 9AM psychology class last semester."

Ally's eyes widen, looking at her like she's insane. "What? The one who sat behind us?"

"Yes!"

Ally bites her lip. With a roll of her eyes, she sighs, "Okay, I owe you, but for the record, you could've totally dissed me for Kalder. I would've understood."

"So... you'll go tonight?"

Another sigh. "Yes."

Her roommate squeals as she comes forward to hug her again. "You're awesome!"

They leave out of their apartment by six and make it to campus after around 6:30. Their apartment wasn't too far, but it also wasn't too close because they didn't want to live with the partying college kids in the closer apartments.

"Okay, he says they're in the cafe," Piper says as she looks down at their phone. She looks back at her friend and sees she's nervously scratching her arm. "You okay?"

"Maybe I should go back," she sighs, shaking her head. "I don't think I'm ready to go on a date yet."

Piper rolls her eyes. "Ally, stop letting that stupid boy ruin you. It's not even a real date, really. We're just hanging around campus and grabbing food later. You're just psyching yourself out."

Ally takes in a breath as she nods. "Yeah, you're probably right."

"I know I am. Now get it together. You look like you're going to puke."

As they're approaching the cafe, there are two male figures coming out. Piper grins as she pulls on Ally's sweater. "That's them. Come on."

They meet their dates halfway and Ally can see one of the men's faces light up. "Piper, hey!"