it's definitely in the coffee

(part 2 of 'maybe it's in the coffee')

Ally tries to hide her her grin when the blond from months ago enters the coffee at six in the morning.

"The usual?" She asks, turning around to grab his usual cup.

"Nope, I wanna large. Three exams today, four hours of sleep last night. Three sugars, too." Austin says, leaning on the counter with a lazy smirk.

Austin coming in the shop had became a frequent thing, then it became on week days, and now it's daily. She didn't mind, though. He'd always come early in the morning when it opens, and in the afternoon.

Somehow, he barely gets any sleep so he pops up at the counter at five in the morning then he always needed a relaxing place to study, which leads him here.

Ally grins and reaches her hand up for the larger cups. "You need to start sleeping earlier."

"You're still in high school; you'll understand next year, babe."

She rolls her eyes at the pet-name he had given her about a month ago, but doesn't object, knowing he wouldn't listen. "But I do have a job that I work at in the morning at five, then go to school, and come back here to work five more hours, so I can somewhat relate."

"Speaking of school, how's your little high school romance with that boy... Jason, I think?"

Ally scrunches her nose at the name. "Didn't you get my texts two days ago? He's a jerk, so I broke up with him."

"I haven't charged my phone in three days," Austin says, pulling the dead device out of his back pocket. "but I'm glad you got out of that relationship quick. I dated a girl who was really controlling and bitchy towards me. Being the naïve seventeen year old I was, I just went with my sexist mind and kept telling myself 'she's just a girl', but she was actually verbally abusive. Took me a while to realize."

Ally frowns and pours the Frence Vanilla coffee into the cup. "I'm sorry that happened to you," she says apologetic, grabbing a lid. "and why haven't you charged your phone?"

"I'm over it and much better," he says truthfully, digging in his back pocket for his wallet. "and I found a dog the other day in a box while it was raining; he was a little stranded puppy. So, I took the dog back to my place, gave it a bath and some left over chicken that was in my fridge. In return, I woke up the next day to him chewing on my charger."

This makes her giggle as she asks, "Do you want a straw? And would you like me to charge your phone for you?"

"No thank you, and if you really don't mind, sure."

Ally gives him his beverage and then goes through the door behind the counter. She comes back about a minute later with her charger and hands it to him. "There's a plug in your usual seat."

"You're the best." He says, placing a ten on the counter.

"How many times am I going to tell you that it's not ten dollars for coffee?"

"How many times am I going to tell you to keep the change?"

Ally rolls her eyes at him but can't help the smile that creeps its way to her face as she grabs the money.

There were about four employees that worked the counter on daily bases, so his tips are actually doing a lot for her.

-----

Austin comes back in the afternoon, like usual, to study.

And maybe to flirt with the cute worker that worked here, like usual.