He didn't come but he loves me (Raura)

He isn’t there.

He promised her two weeks ago that’d he’d be the first one there, holding a giant gift wrapped in red wrapping paper, her favorite color. 

He promised he’d wear his best shirt he owned and he’d bake her his famous cupcakes she loves. He promised he’d get up on stage and sing an Austin and Ally song to her in a funny voice to make her laugh, and he promised they would take dozens of silly pictures.

But it’s been two hours into her eighteenth birthday party and he still hasn’t shown up.

She sits by the window trying to spot the black car he typically drives, but none pull into parking lot. Her throat is tight and tears are stinging her eyes. Why isn’t he here?

She feels a tap on her shoulder and turns around to see Raini Rodriguez, her cast mate and one of her best friends.

"Laur, come on. You’ve been sitting by the window all night and you’ve been nothing but miserable. He’s not coming. Face it. Now come on, lets dance."

Raini pulls her to the dance floor and she dances with the tons of people who came to the party, but deep down inside she’s sad and her eyes keep flickering to the doorway to see if he’s there.

He promised to be there.

At last, the party ends and Ross hasn’t shown up at all. When she gets home, she collapses on her bed, tears streaming down her cheeks.

This isn’t the first time he did this to her. Lately, he’s been blowing off everything. He “promised” last weekend he would take her to see a movie, and he left her sitting on the porch for two hours. Three weeks ago, he was supposed to go rollerskating with her, Raini and Calum but he didn’t show up to that either. She thought her eighteenth birthday was too important to blow off, but she was wrong. She isn’t important to him at all.

She shakily picks up her cell phone and dials the number she knows by heart. He answers after three rings. “What do you want Laura?” he asks, cruely.

She cringes. He’s never talked to her that way before. “I-I just wanted to know why you didn’t come to my b-birthday party.”

There is a long pause. “It’s stupid,” he finally answers. Her face boils in anger. Why is he treating her this way?

"You promised!" she screams, "And now you’re being mean to me!"

"I’m just trying to be nice Laura! What am I supposed to say, no?" Ross screams.

She lets a few tears escape her eyes. “So you never really wanted to come?” she whispers.

"No, I never wanted to come to your stupid party, I don’t want to go rollerskating with my disney channel cast, and I don’t want to spend time with somebody so annoying like you!"

She is sobbing uncontrollably now, soaking her shirt. “Why did you lie to me then?”

"Because you and me are the leads of the show! We have to get along!"

"Fine, I wouldn’t want to be friends with somebody so mean anyways!"

"I don’t care!"

"Me either! You’re nothing but a mean idiot and the biggest liar I’ve ever met. Thanks for ruining my night. I hate you so much!"

"Fine, I hate you too, you ugly bitch!"

She slams her phone shut, too scared to hear anymore, and cried herself to sleep. 

——————————————————-

The next day, she doesn’t go to work, so they film all the promotions without Ally in it.