college sweethearts

"You're supposed to be walking me to my dorm after this," Ally says slyly as she stands a few feet away from him, watching him drown a beer with his friends. "It's almost two in the morning."

It was the night after finals were over. Everyone on campus was celebrating. The sororities and fraternities were actually getting along. There probably wasn't a completely sober soul on campus. Even some of their professors drank and joined along.

His friends tease and holler while he rolls his eyes. Austin goes to his totally cute brunette friend and drapes an arm over her shoulder. "I'm not drunk. This is my second beer."

Ally raises an eyebrow.

"Okay,  fourth or fifth, but I can hold my alcohol," he chuckles, giving her a smile. "Want me to walk you back now before this shit actually kicks in and I'll be completely drunk?"

Ally laughs and nods. "Sure."

"Yo, Evan," Austin calls. One of his friends, Evan, raises his eyebrows to assure he heard his name. "Finish this for me."

Austin chucks him the beer, to which the boy catches almost effortlessly. He takes a swig and sends him a thumbs up. "Hurry back! We're going to the sorority house in a few."

Austin sends him one last nod before their on their way through the peaceful university path.

"What are you guys gonna do at the sorority house?" Ally asks him, placing her hands in pockets of the hoodie he lent her.

Austin looks down at her and shrugs before turing his stare straightforward again. "I'm gonna get drunk."

"What if some of the girls try to take advantage of you?"

"I've been drinking all night and I'm able to hold a conversation with you right now," he shrugs, and pulls her closer under his arm. "I have a good metabolism. Even if they drugged me, I'd fight it off in like twenty minutes. But thanks for worrying, babe."

Ally smiles and leans into his side as they walk the rest of the way in peaceful silence.

Austin decides to walk her to her room since he didn't know if there was anyone waiting to jump on any girls in their own hall.

He comes inside while she makes sure she has her keys and phone and everything. She pulls off his hoodie and throws it on her bed. Once everything is in place, Austin heads out the door.

He waits for her at the door to say his exit. "Well, this is my stop."

She smiles and leans on the doorframe. "You're really gonna leave me here all alone?"

"Hey, you're the sleepyhead. In college, you're supposed to party until seven in the morning."

She laughs and gives him an understanding nod. Ally opens her arms for a hug and Austin gives a light chuckle as he embraces her small body. "You're not getting that hoodie back."

Austin pulls away from her and looks at the hoodie in her room. "Eh, keep it. I've got others."

"I was going to anyway," she says while pulling away. Ally leans on the doorframe once more as she stares up at him. "Have fun."