actions speak louder

Austin feels yet another tap on his shoulder as his shoulder and lets out a small sigh. He was trying to study for a huge exam and, as much as he loves Ally, she's distracting and annoying him a bit.

He turns around in his desk chair and eyes his silent girlfriend as she holds out her wrists, a huge grin on her face. He looks down at them in confusion so, she grabs her personal white board off his bed, which glows in the dark, and scribbles something down in a lime green marker. He's proud to say he bought her those because he knows she wouldn't like using the same, boring black marker. Ally breathlessly giggles as she leans forward, almost falling off his dorm bed. He smiles, his irritation fading away.

She writes out, "My wrists are clean! ... and have been for exactly 4 months!" with arrows pointing around a smiley face.

His grin widens and he forgets about his studying to join her on his bed. He grips her hands and lifts it to place a light kiss on her pale skin. "That's wonderful, Ally."

She pulls her hand back to scribble something else down. He laughs as she holds it up once again, a blush starting to fade in on her face.

"Will you stop studying to kiss me? Please?"

He looks at his notebook and books sprawled all over his desk and back at Ally, who's nervously looking down at her lap.

Eh, he was basically just copying everything from the book anyways.

Lifting her chin, he places a soft kiss on her lips. Soon, it's not so soft.

- - - - -

Ally nervously looks up at Austin's amused eyes. Prom is coming up and Ally has a desire to walk to walk in heels for their perfect night. Thankfully, the prom is for both Seniors and Juniors, or else they wouldn't be able to go together. She still doesn't have a dress, but she prefers to show Austin that on the big night. He doesn't mind, though. He pretty much has never left her side every since the night she came home with no voice.

One day, she woke up with a sore throat that continued for five months. They checked it out at the doctor's office. The doctor had said they had never seen anything like it. After about a year of testing, they took her into surgery; she hadn't been able to speak after.

She had fallen into depression of not being able to talk or sing, starved herself and even started to self-harm herself. Austin was there to stop it and comfort her whenever she needed it.

The brunette wobbles and Austin stands, getting prepared to help if she fell.

She didn't.

Ally made her way over to him, still wobbling, and giggled. "I did it," she mouths. "I want these!"

The blond male grins. "Go change and I'll buy them for you."

She wraps her arms around him and pulls him in for a hug before finding the place she took off her shoes.

"You guys are dating?" The man asks, a friendly grin plastered on his face as he scans the shoes.

Austin raises an eyebrow for a second then notices he gesturing to Ally, who's getting distracted my everything and anything. As of right now, she's observing a silver necklace with heart-shaped red ruby. He laughs and gives the man a nod. "Yup, she's all mine. She's mute, if you were going to ask why she isn't talking, but I still love her."

The man nods and puts the box of shoes into a bag. "My girlfriend used to be mute too; she lost her vocals. But it just pulled me in to her, you know?"

The younger man looks back Ally, who's now making her way over to him with a pair of new sunglasses on. He laughs and kisses her head as she completely interrupts his conversation with the man to snuggle into his arms. Austin looks up at the man and nods. "I know exactly how you felt."