Homecoming

Austin sighs, walking in the locker room to get changed after practice.

He was exhausted. The practices before Homecoming were killing him. He didn't have much time to study and he had to be on top of his game (no pun intended). This led to staying up all night, not sleeping. That led to him being cranky everyday.

It also didn't help that his friends continued to bug him about getting a girlfriend. For whatever reason, he has to get a girl to bring to Homecoming with him. Not even everyone on the team had someone to take. But they're pushing him because it's Senior year and he's never been a fan of Homecoming. He didn't like Spirit Week, the rallies, or the dance. He played in the Homecoming game because he's on the team. Other than that, he's never shown much participation in Homecoming.

They're also possibly pushing him because, well, he hasn't had a relationship since Sophomore year. That's because he really likes to he ahead on his grades and Junior year was a bitch. A clingy bitch who doesn't want you talking to other girls or girls at all, really. But he didn't and doesn't mind; girlfriends are distractions.

He pulls off his shirt as he enters the locker room, but once the shirt is over his eyes, Austin's met with a disturbing imagine. His best friend, Kyle, and his girlfriend were going at it on the bench; his shirt off and her's on the way. "Dude!"

The both of them break apart immediately, their faces flushed. Nina looks down, embarrassed while Kyle looks at him awkwardly. "Hi, Austin," She says, giving him an awkward grin before standing. She pulls down her shirt and crosses her arms before looking back at Kyle. "Uh, I'll meet you by your car for lunch."

Kyle nods and watches as she walks out. Sighing, he falls back on the bench, covering his face. Austin was going to lecture him, he could feel it. "We weren't about to do it in here."

"Dude, you lied to coach. You said you needed your water bottle," Austin says, going to his locker. "But here you are, trying to baby make with your girlfriend."

Kyle sighs. "I only came back here because she was upset. We talked about it, I kissed her, things got hot. End of story."

"Not end of story!" Austin snaps slightly, putting on deodorant. "You were gonna have sex with Nina in here. If someone else from the team would've walked in, they'd think of her as a slut or something!"

Kyle groans and stands, walking over to his best friend. "Austin, trust me. I wasn't about to have sex with Nia. You know we both respect ourselves too much for that. It was just a little steamy makeout, Austin. Maybe when you get a girlfriend, you'll understand that not everything leads to sex."

It's Austin's turn to groan. "You, too?" he questions, rolling his eyes. Why was everyone so pressed about him dating? He didn't want nor need a girlfriend.

Kyle throws him a shirt from his locker and nods. "Yeah, man. You're so stuck up with your grades and games that you're forgetting the other 'g': girls."

Austin shakes his head before grabbing his bag and exiting the locker room. "Don't want one."

-----

"Hey Austin," the brunette locker neighbor greets while she grabs her things out her locker as he opens his. She looks at him and sees he's upset. "You alright?"

"Oh, hey Ally. Yeah, I'm fine. Tired from practice," Austin replies, giving her a slight grin. "Can't wait for Homecoming to be over."

Ally closes her locker with her binder and camera in her hand. "It hasn't even started yet, but I agreed. My friends won't stop bugging me about it."