maybe it was you

Okay, I literally wrote this in about hour and about forty-five minutes so don't expect anything but messiness.

"Austin," Ally says tiredly over the phone, bouncing her son in her arms. Dallas, her husband of a year, hadn't come home yet and she was exhausted. "Can you please sing Sammy to sleep for me? He's cranky, and I'm exhausted."

Austin sits up straight in his bed on the other line. "Sure," he agrees and grabs his guitar from the other side of the bed. "I'll Skype you, hold on."

"Okay," Ally yawns out and hangs up her phone. She sets the four mouth old down, making him scream and cry once again, to grab her laptop and set it on the bed. "Baby, please calm down. Austin's gonna sing you a song, alright?"

It doesn't help, but her laptop rings so she opens it quickly and answers the Skype. Ally raises Sammy up so he can see the screen better. "Look, Sammy, it's Austin."

Sam just sticks his fingers in his mouth and gurgles, clearly more calm seeing the blond.

Austin smiles at him before staring up at his best friend. His smile drops immediately and turns into a frown. "Als, when was the last time you slept?"

Ally shrugs tiredly. "Dallas hasn't been coming home on time lately," she pauses for a yawn. "So, I have to put Sammy to sleep, and when I wake up in the morning, Dallas isn't here."

"Ally, you seriously look like you're going to pass out. You need some sleep." Austin says worryingly.

"Can you please just sing Sam to sleep before I actually do pass out?"

He nods and gives her a small smile. Just as he starts to strum his guitar, Ally hears a noise. "Wait, stop," She says, and then hears a car door slam. She smiles. "I think Dallas is home. I'll be right back."

"Take your time." Austin laughs out as Sammy sits up and stares at the laptop, slobbering all over the keys.

Ally makes her way out of the room, and down the stairs with a tired smile on her lips. Although she hears whispers. Deciding that she's just delirious, Ally keeps going down the stairs.

She then hears, "We have to be quiet," It's definitely Dallas's voice. "My wife and son are upstairs asleep."

"You can't bring me to your house and expect me to be quiet."

It's a female's voice.

Ally's heart speeds up and she tiptoes to the living room, where she heard their voices.

Ally shakes in the darkness, scared to turn on the lights. But once she flicks the light on, she's met with her husband on top of some girl she's never met. They're half dressed, but the clothes in the hallway of their house says why.

They're kissing, and moaning, and groaning, not even noticing she flicked the lights on.

Her eyes fill with tears before say speaks up with a shaky voice, "First you're late to come home. Now you're soberly making out, and I'm pretty sure were about to have sex, with another girl."

They both jump and quickly pull away at the sound of her voice. Dallas's eyes widen and he sits up on the couch, pushing the woman off of her. "Ally, this isn't--"

Ally sniffs and wipes her tears. "Sammy and I are going to Austin's."

- - - - -

"God, Als," Austin sighs out as he opens his door to his condo. She has tears streaming down her face, her nose is red, the bags on her eyes look like they've gotten worst in the last hour, and she's cradling a screaming Sam. "Come on."